Perch Product Options with Images

• Hit a bit of a brick wall with Perch Shop, couple of questions to see if we can get further:

1. Is it possible to extend the product options template to accommodate images

Our case here is to enable users to select door handle styles when purchasing a door.

2. Is it possible to update the price on the page when option is clicked.

Currently the only way of knowing the value of what you have selected is by adding it to the cart.

If anyone could provide an answer to the above I would be very grateful, even if it is a 'no'.

• Hi

NB This is my experience of building shop and I am sure there are other ways of achieving this.

Perch options are simple lists of product features such as colours, size etc.

You then generate those into variants for each product. So a door product might have several options: e.g. door knobs, hinges and lock.

You can assign single or multiple options to a single product.

The options then get merged into product variants when you click the generate variants button in the product edit screen.

That's where your images and prices would go – i.e. into the product variant template.

Variants give you control over prices so that you can display them on the product detail page.

You can activate variants in your product function call using the option 'variants' => true, and then display them using the <perch:variants></perch:variants> tag pair.

I hope this helps get you started.

The documentation for Shop is very scant so you might want to join the Slack group as you'll probably get faster responses from the community.

• Thanks Ellimondo.

I can see the logic in Perch Shop creating the variants, but for the use case we have (products with multiple options) I'm not sure it is a good fit.

Thanks for letting us know anyway. It's a shame we had to get so far into setting up to find out. Nevermind it will be a good solution single dimension products in the future.