Pulling Perch regions into blog pages. Can this be done?

• Hello,

Been following the video series and already my head is confused.

Basically I have a page I have created with all the usual blog bits.

Post header

--------------------

Author

--------------------

date

--------------------

Post content | Side bar for articles / categories

--------------------

My question is this. Can I not just grab already made pieces of perch php function script and just do the following to make it work?

Post header

--------------------

perch_blog_author_for_post()

--------------------

date can't find a script that just outputs a simple 00/00/00 format. Only the functions show have archive and links I don't want this.

--------------------

<?php perch_blog_post(perch_get('s')); ?> |<?php perch_blog_post_categories(perch_get('s')); ?>

--------------------

I can get all the fields displaying but it is coming from the post.html template i think, which is spitting out all data into the post body which I don't want. I want it in broken down into the areas above.

How do I do this?

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • perch_blog_author_for_post(); uses the /perch/templates/blog/author.html template.

perch_blog_post(perch_get('s')); uses the /perch/templates/blog/post.html template.

perch_blog_post_categories(perch_get('s')); uses the /perch/templates/blog/post_category_link.html template.

You can always create your own template and use it. For the blog post, you have to use perch_blog_custom as follows:

Code
    1. perch_blog_custom([
    2. 'filter' => 'postSlug',
    3. 'match' => 'eq',
    4. 'value' => perch_get('s'),
    5. 'template' => '[YOUR_TEMPLATE.html]',
    6. ]);
  • When you turn on debug, by placing define('PERCH_DEBUG', true); in the /perch/config/config.php file, and outputting the debug on the bottom of your page, you can see exactly which template is being used.

• james595832

Changed the title of the thread from “Blog problems” to “Pulling Perch regions into blog pages. Can this be done?”.