"Update Blog" is looping on Software Update posts 0 to 9...

• Hi all, hoping I can get a little help here with investigating what the issue may be (or even better, a fix!)

I've copied my site to a new server ready for a migration, and while I'm at it decided to update Perch and it's addons and I've run in to a little issue with the Blog addon updating. I've downloaded the latest Perch (3.1.7), perchforms (1.12), perchmembers (1.6.4) and perchblog (5.6.1) and copied the files to the addons folder replacing any files that needed replacing.

On logging in to /perch/ I was greeted with the usual site update page, which appeared to run through without any issues and confirmed that under /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ my site is showing as:

• PHP 7.4.1 is up to date
    • MySQL 5.7.24 is up to date

• Image processing available

Under /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/add-ons/ I have the following:

• Blog 5.6.1 is up to date
    • Forms 1.12 is up to date

• Members 1.6.4 is up to date

• Backup 1.2 is up to date

When I view the blog posts from the actual site, everything looks to be in order and normal. However, when I go to Blog from inside Perch (/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/) I am shown the following:

Software Update

Updating posts 0 to 9 of 55.

The URL for this is /perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/update/?force=update&page=2

The issue is that this page reloads every 10 seconds or so, and doesn't appear to get any further forward. In an attempt to fault find, I tried the URL /perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/update/ and this refreshed a number of times, counting up through posts 10 to 19, 20 to 29, etc, up to 55. I was then given a "continue" button which suggests the update finished. On pressing this it went back to updating 0 of 9 and continues to refresh the page and does not move forward.

It appears that the updating of the posts is failing between post 0 and 9 (which would be /perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/update/?force=update&page=1) , as when it moved to posts 10 to 19 the URL was showing page=2. However, I'm not able to confirm that is the cause. I've examined the data in the posts and everything appears to look correct. I've checked on the live site, and the Blog section (/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/) loads fine.

I've gone as far as removing all but one of the entries in blog_posts table to see if it's being caused by a weird post entry, however this then simply jumps to the end of the update process, shows the continue button, and when clicked, goes through the update again (instantly as there's only one post) and displays the continue button again. I'm semi-confident that would mean the post data isn't the issue here.

Would anyone be able to suggest anything to help with finding what the issue is? The apache log files don't seem to give much in the way of any clues.

Many thanks in advance of any pointers :)

Stoo

• George G

Approved the thread.