Filtering on a Jobs Listing site

• I am just starting on a site for a recruitment agency using Perch Runway, which needs a jobs filter as part of the vacancy listing. I have included an image of the filter, showing the options I need to have:

When a job is added to the Vacancies Collection in Perch, only one option from each list will be able to be selected (i.e. a job can only have one Location, one Job Type and one Contract Type).

However when a person searches on the site they need to be able to select more than one, so they could be interested in Primary jobs, in both West Midlands and Shropshire for instance.

My question is, is it best to use Categories for the above, with a Set for each? I have used Categories before and used the category-match option, however in this case I don't think either 'category-match' => 'all' or 'category-match' => 'any' would be quite right, as if in the scenario above the visitor selected Primary for Job Type, and West Midlands and Shropshire for Location if I used all no jobs would show as none can have more than one location, and if I used any then it would show Primary jobs in London, which isn't correct.

What would be my best approach for this? Thanks for any help, I want to start off on the right foot before adding the vacancies in!

Mike

• drewm

Approved the thread.