Google Maps API - Tracking Technologies

• Hi

I'm using a service called Termly, to manage cookies and generate policy docs.

I'm using the Perch implementation of Google Maps, as I understand it that uses the 'Google Maps API'

A couple of the questions relates to 'Tracking Technologies'

Can Perch support answer these questions?

Does your Maps Platform API Implementation enable you or any party to gain access to information about users of the Maps Platform APIs?

Yes

No

Will you obtain or cache the user's location?

Yes

No

Cheers.

• Perch team don't reply on here. Best to use the Help/Chat window in your Perch account if you want to ask them a direct question.

If you are using the default Perch implementation, I would think that the Google Maps API is responsible. Any information about users is obtained via that isn't it? Unless you have built something that goes beyond the Perch default.

Perch does not cache the users location as far as I'm aware unless you have built that into your maps implementation in Perch. For example, a store locator application might use this.

• I've checked another website using Perch/Google Maps API and I can confirm it doesn't set cookies.

Thanks for your input Clive, but I could do with knowing for sure how the Perch/Google Maps API Implementation works

So, I'm still looking for answers to these two questions (from Perch Support) .

Does your Maps Platform API Implementation enable you or any party to gain access to information about users of the Maps Platform APIs?

Yes

No

Will you obtain or cache the user's location?

Yes

No

I've submitted a question via the account chat.