Blog App: No 'Success' Notification at Top when saving post

• Hi Perch fans,
    I do apologise for a trivial question, I did search online and in the forum and couldn't find anything.
    Blog App: When I save a post, there is no notification on screen to say the post was saved. The screen just jumps from the bottom, to the top and that is it.
    On Perch: Content I receive the green "Success" message when saving content.
    Is this how perch:blog works, or would there be a problem with my install and setup somewhere?

Perch: 3.1.4 and Blog: 5.6.1.
    No Chrome console errors. Using a customised post.php page.

I <3 :burd1: but sometimes I ;( because I am not 8) enough to understand :burd1: like the :saint:'s. So your help is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • I believe its reloading and taking the view back to the top.
    Its doing exactly what perch:content does, but there's no "success" message in a green bar between the title "Editing Post xxx" and the editing form block.
    Should perch blog show success messages?

I <3 :burd1: but sometimes I ;( because I am not 8) enough to understand :burd1: like the :saint:'s. So your help is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

• Nope, no errors Drew.
    Here's a really rough, badly done video of editing a blog post and saving. Ignore the audio (eminem), I've asked youtube to strip audio (pending).

If there is supposed to be a success message, I wonder if I upgrade perch it will fix? I'm running 3.1.4 now

• Thanks Byron, never knew this, otherwise would have tried. Suppose I should have thought more logically and realised Perch had debug mode.

Anyway, I set this up and tried debug when saving a blog post.
    It generated a log message, could not see any errors. Most of the message seemed to confirm data was being saved to the DB as desired.
    But still no green "success" message at the top.
    Let me double check if I can upgrade perch 1 version, and see if that fixes it. I don't think there is a blog app update over what I already have installed.

• I upgraded to perch 3.1.5 and the blog app still isn't showing a success message.
    Will have to test on a new install and site when I do one next month, just to see if its supposed to say success or not.