licensing requirements

• We would like to set up perch for three production websites, with six to nine other instances used for development purposes

How would you recommend that we manage the licensing requirements?

I attempted to set up Perch in one dev environment, but was blocked due, presumably, to it not being localhost.

regards,

OH.

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Thanks for the reply.

Are these the specific strings in their entirety, or are they sub-strings of the TLD?

I have the following scenario. How many licences do I need? There are 3 production sites.

Website 1:

myTLD.ca -> production build

staging.myTLD.ca

development.myTLD.ca

Website 2:

mySubDomain.myTLD.ca -> production build

staging.mySubDomain.myTLD.ca

development.mySubDomain.myTLD.ca

Website 3:

myOtherTLD.ca -> production build

staging.myOtherTLD.ca

development.myOtherTLD.ca

Sandboxes - NO production builds:

sandbox1.myOtherTLD.net

sandbox2.myOtherTLD.net

sandbox3.myOtherTLD.net

regards,

OH.

• I think you have misunderstood what a TLD is. In the example above the TLD's you are using are .ca and .net. The local perch keys will not work with this. To use perch with a local key you will need to use one of the TLD's that Drew mentioned above. For example your sandboxes could use;

sandboxwebsite1.local

sandboxwebsite2.local

As for your other three sites that will run in production, they will most likely need a license for each site. Perch lets you set a dev, staging and production environment for each license key

• I think you have misunderstood what a TLD is. In the example above the TLD's you are using are .ca and .net. The local perch keys will not work with this. To use perch with a local key you will need to use one of the TLD's that Drew mentioned above. For example your sandboxes could use;

sandboxwebsite1.local

sandboxwebsite2.local

As for your other three sites that will run in production, they will most likely need a license for each site. Perch lets you set a dev, staging and production environment for each license key

Thanks for the reply Byron, it's helpful.