Posts by milkmitchell

Hi Everyone,

I am not super pro with Perch, but I have a form set up that allows people to upload a file. I have actually limited this to pdf only.

However, nothing is being saved in the FTP. I have done a search all and it's not finding anything. I can see in the Form Options in Perch, there is a 'File upload path', but every time I add a path I keep getting the message 'The file path /cv_uploads/ is not writable by PHP.'

Would anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Hi,

I am wanting to display all my blog categories including all of the posts in each category. I cannot find the code to do this.

I am only able to display all categories using:

PHP
    1. <?php
    2. perch_blog_categories(array(
    3. 'template' => 'category_link.html',
    4. ));
    5. ?>

And I am also able to display all posts using:

PHP
    1. <?php perch_blog_custom(array(
    2.     'count' => 10,
    3.     'template' =>
    4.     'post_in_list.html',
    5.     'sort' => 'postDateTime',
    6.     'sort-order' => 'DESC',
    7.     ));
    8. ?>

But what I am wanting to achieve is something like this on my blog page:

Fitness Category

- Fitness post 1

- Fitness post 2

- Fitness post 3

Weight Loss Category

- Weight Loss post 1

- Weight Loss post 2

- Weight Loss post 3

I am using a workaround but it is not ideal. In my blog.php I am currently using:

So I am basically hardcoding the category titles but I would need a dynamic solution. Would anyone know how to achieve this? Thanks

I have spent hours trying to get this simple function working, and have looked deep into this forum and all the docs but there's just insufficient examples online, and also some broken links in the docs!

I am creating a shop without e-commerce functionality.. so basically a catalogue shop. I am using the shop app also.

I have created a set named Furniture, and within this set there are a number of categories such as tables, chairs etc.

My site is structured as:

website.com/products.php

• On this page it displays all the categories in the Furniture set. User needs to select a category to browse products.

PHP
    1. <h1> Select a Category </h1>
    2. <?php perch_categories([
    3. 'set' => 'furniture',
    4. 'template' => 'furniture_list.html',
    5. ]);
    6. ?>

• This is the furniture_list.html :

Code
    1. <h6>
    2.     <a href="products/furniture.php?cat=<perch:category id="catSlug">">
    3.         <perch:category id="catTitle" type="smarttext" label="Title" required="true" />
    4.     </a>
    5. </h6>

• So the above is working well (I hope I have set that up correctly as I am quite new to perch). I am able to select the category 'Tables' for example.
    • Once I select 'Tables' , I am now on the furniture.php page.

website.com/products/furniture.php?cat=tables

• This page is displaying all the products that have the 'tables' category assigned to them using the products settings.
    PHP
    1. <?php
    2. perch_shop_products([
    3.      'template' => 'products/product_list.html',
    4.         'variants' => true,
    5.         'count' => 10,
    6.         'sort' => 'price',
    7.         'category' => 'furniture/'.perch_get('cat'),
    8.     ]);
    9. ?>
    • Products are displaying well, but the problem I am having is getting the category title to display on the page.
    • I am trying to get 'Tables' to display at the top of my page as a <h1> which is the category we are currently on.

Would anyone have any suggestions of what I can try?

Thanks

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for developing this addon.

I have followed the readme instructions to install v2 recaptcha. However, once I click to submit my contact form, I land on an empty broken page saying 'This page isn't working (chrome). There are no submissions being sent even in spam.

I carefully followed instructions, I made sure there are no typos. I updated my secret key and honeypot ID in the Perch settings.

The recaptcha script is in the <head> of where the contact form is, and also on the thank you page.

The data-sitekey is displaying my recaptcha site key that was generated by recaptcha.

I have replaced app="perch_forms" with app="mbk_forms".

Could the issue be that I am running Perch v2.8.13 ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

EDIT: I looked at the error logs, and found this:

Code
    1. PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method PerchAPI_SubmittedForm::redispatch() in /cms/addons/apps/mbk_forms/runtime.php on line 23

EDIT: Okay I figured it out.. it was because of the old Perch version being used. Once I updated the core files, forms came through. Thanks!