Posts by clockworkdesign

Hi Drew, thanks for your quick reply. The hosting people have checked the server, upgraded PHP to 7.0 and the installation has worked. I couldn't speak to them directly but I'm guessing you are correct or something wasn't setup correctly server-side. I've never had any problems with previous installs. Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm trying to install Perch on a Linux server running PHP 5.6 running Maria DB. I have uploaded Perch via FTP to the hosting root however when I try to run the install script (/perch/setup) I'm receiving an error in the web browser reading 'HTTP Error 500 (This page isn’t working: phoenix-eye.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request).'

The error log reads:

11767 phoenix-eye.co.uk [Mon Feb 18 08:50:35 2019] [error] [client 92.234.178.150:0] AH01215: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/sites/phoenix-eye.co.uk/public_html/perch/setup/server/index.php on line 10: /home/sites/phoenix-eye.co.uk/public_html/perch/setup/server/index.php

I haven't had any problems with previous installs and was wondering whether anyone can offer any advice?

Many thanks