Posts by Vital Works

If I show the pages in the main navigation, it's fine, everything works as expected - active pages show as active, ancestor pages show as ancestors.

If I check the checkbox 'Hide from main navigation' and add to a nav group (mine is named 'secondary navigation'), active pages show as active, and non-active pages show as ancestors, so I end up with the below (unwanted active states on non-active pages)..

aAtCOax.png

This happens even if I delete the pages, create new pages - the result is consistent.

Can anyone in support please confirm if this is expected behaviour? Both pages are sitting at the top level - the pageDepth being '1', but still showing as ancestor. The output from perch showall can be seen here.

Qu3jF4b.png

This is my navigation template:

Code
    1. <perch:before><ul class="ul1"></perch:before>
    2. <li class="li1<perch:if exists="current_page"> active</perch:if>">
    3. <a href="<perch:pages id="pagePath" />" class="a1"><span><perch:pages id="pageNavText" /></span></a>
    4. </li>
    5. <perch:after></ul></perch:after>

Hiya,

I'm using Perch Runway v. 3.1.5 (latest).

If I hide a page from the main navigation but add it to a navgroup called 'secondary', if it's not the currently active page, it shows as an ancestor.

The debug output is:

I display the secondary nav using:

Code
    1. perch_pages_navigation([
    2. 'template' => ['main-nav.html'],
    3. 'navgroup' => 'secondary'
    4. ]);

Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Can shortcodes be used to display things like Perch forms? I can think of a few scenarios where it'd be handy to display a form in content without having to render using perch_form();

If so, can a shortcode be provided?

:)

I've ended up using the blog app for what I need, but it would have been nice to have had a separation of concerns.

Do you have plans to bring the app up to date?

Code
    1. 0.0697 0.0023 [nil] SELECT DISTINCT e.* FROM perch3_events e, perch3_events_to_categories e2c, perch3_events_categories c WHERE eventDateTime>='2019-03-01' AND e.eventID=e2c.eventID AND e2c.categoryID=c.categoryID AND categorySlug IN ('!golf-days') ORDER BY eventDateTime ASC
    2. 0.0713 0.0017 Using template: \templates\events\listing\event-list.html

About 4 years ago, I posted in the old system about not being able to page events.

I still don't seem to be able to do this!

This is my code:

Code
    1. perch_events_custom([
    2. 'count' => 3,
    3. 'page-links' => true,
    4. 'sort' => 'eventDateTime',
    5. 'sort-order' => 'desc',
    6. 'template' => 'listing/event-list.html',
    7. 'category' => '!golf-days',
    8. ]);

I posted yesterday about not being able to exclude categories either.

Are we not able to use paging for events?

How have people been getting around this for so long?

Hi,

I'm trying to exclude a certain category in an events listing, but if I try to exclude any category, including ones that don't exist (for testing purposes), nothing is rendered at all.

Code
    1. perch_events_custom([
    2. 'count' => 6,
    3. 'page-links' => true,
    4. 'sort' => 'eventDateTime',
    5. 'sort-order' => 'desc',
    6. 'template' => 'listing/event-list.html',
    7. 'category' => '!test',
    8. ]);

If I remove the category line, everything shows as expected.

In yours docs, it says the 'not' syntax can be used for category filtering.

Am I doing something wrong?

I've updated to latest Perch 3 version, latest Events addon version...