Posts by nikpixels

Update, been reading up on Redactor 2 editor and it seems by default it wraps inserted images in <figure> tags...

Not used Redactor myself as an editor in Perch

Anyone use it and can confirm... site is still in html stage and will be doing the admin early next week so want to get my ducks in a row before I start

Hi... I'm building a site where the customer has a text blocks to fill in for content, it's mainly text but they are going to want to insert images randomly in the text in some of the pages.

They want to be able to add a caption to these images to explain what they are.

Is there a way for me to allow them to inserti an image via the markitup editor (or another editor) which will allow the (optional) placing of a caption?

Been scratching my head for an hr working out a way of getting it set up so they can just insert one into a body of text using the figure > figcaption route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right guys... is there anyway I can edit the country list ? <perch:shop id="country_list" />

We want to restrict customers to just the UK (Just had the first foreign customer in 2.5 years so not doing too bad)

Basically, want to leave the drop down set with just United Kingdom and no other options as the shop won't ship outside the UK

The below is how I'm showing the country list on the customer_create.html

<perch:input type="select" options="<perch:shop id="country_list" />" value="236" id="country" label="Country" />

Hi All

Think I know already what the answer to this will be but I thought I'd check in with the hive mind first.

I have a booking form on an already live site for an optician. The site visitor selects the preferred day they want their appointment and then can select a time and a preferred shop (there are two currently). The customer wants to be able to offer slightly different times for when they select different days e.g the Optician opens late until 7 on mondays at one shop and until 7 on tuesdays at a different shop... so if the customer selects monday and shop A, they can choose a different set of times.

Pretty sure this is going to be out of the scope of the Forms app and I may need to re-do this with some custom code

Here's my template code currently

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to keep using the forms app to process this particular form if possible.

thanks

Nik

Yeah, completely odd. I'm at a loss to work it out as there doesn't appear to be any reason for it... even tried changing the input type to text rather than number, but with the same result.

I'll have another mess about with it... hope I figure something out

Having looked at the lines of code, you can't see anything wrong with it can you?

Hi Drew

Yeah, It's happening now, I've been testing it and I can't input a custom quantity value either.

I've even re-uploaded an archived version on the template in case it had gotten corrupted in some way.

Next idea is to maybe update Perch to V3 and update the shop app... but can't guarantee this would fix the problem, especially as nothing has actually changed since launch.

Hi All

I have a perch shop install which has been working absolutely perfectly since september 2017.

Suddenly last week, we started getting complaints that the quantity selection on the product pages (product.html) wasn't accepting user selected quantites. Nothing has changed on the site, no updates to anything.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to potential what has happened and what I could try to fix it.

heres the code on the product.html page

Code
    1. <perch:input type="number" id="qty" name="quantity" value="1" class="field">

Here's the code on the cart.html page

Code
    1. <td class="qty"><perch:input id="qty:<perch:cartitem id="identifier" />" value="<perch:cartitem id="quantity" />" type="number" min="0" /></td>

I'm actually starting to wonder whether this ever worked correctly... though I'm positive it did as it's been online since 2017 with no issues

Running PHP 7.2 (though has been tried at PHP 5.6 and PHP 7)
    Final perch version 2.8.34
    Shop version 1.0.12

Thanks in advance

Nik