Posts by MikeHarrison

Hi,

I have a Perch form that is submitting twice when being used - generating 2x emails, 2x records in the Forms area of the panel etc. This is the form code:

And this is my short diagnostics:

• Perch Runway: 3.2, PHP: 7.1.33, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $, with PDO
    • Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
    • Installed apps: content (3.2), assets (3.2), categories (3.2), perch_forms (1.12), perch_mailchimp (3.1), perch_twitter (4.0)
    • App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_forms', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_twitter' ];
    • PERCH_LOGINPATH: /staffroom
    • PERCH_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/taraprofessionalrecruitment.co.uk/httpdocs/staffroom
    • PERCH_CORE: /var/www/vhosts/taraprofessionalrecruitment.co.uk/httpdocs/staffroom/core
    • PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/vhosts/taraprofessionalrecruitment.co.uk/httpdocs/staffroom/resources
    • Image manipulation: GD Imagick
    • PHP limits: Max upload 16M, Max POST 16M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 16M
    • F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
    • Resource folder writeable: Yes
    • SCRIPT_NAME: /staffroom/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
    • REQUEST_URI: /staffroom/core/settings/diagnostics/
    • DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/vhosts/taraprofessionalrecruitment.co.uk/httpdocs
    • HTTP_HOST: taraprofessionalrecruitment.co.uk

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Hi,

I am trying to log on to a recently-moved Perch site (changed hosting). I am getting redirected to:

/admin/?r=%2Fadmin%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F

Has anyone had this before? I am not sure where to start to be honest. I can see phpinfo and have ftp access to the hosting but nothing beyond that. Help greatly appreciated!

Mike

I am building a site for a recruitment agency in Perch Runway. I have a category set called locations, with a few categories listed in it. As part of the CV submission process I would like the applicant to indicate which locations they are interested in. I am using the Perch Forms app. Currently I am hard-coding the options like so:

Ideally I would like those to be generated from the category set, so the client can manage the categories themselves. Is this possible, and if so what is the best way of going about it?

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

While building / testing a site I invariably do quite a few form submissions to the Forms app

I would like to reset the form submissions count to 0 for site handover (currently even if I delete all the responses the next one will be given the next number in the sequence e.g. Response #30). Is there a way I can do this? Not a major issue obviously but nice to give the client as clean a start as possible.

Cheers

Mike

Ah yes - hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the pointer Drew.

For those that come after, this is what I did in addons/templates/filters.php :

I am trying to work out the best way to structure this page. It is the 'detail' part of a list-detail setup using Collections. The issue is I am constructing a variable based on data from the collection item, and need to then show that as part of the template. This is what I have so far:

So in the template vacancies/vacancy_single I want to use the $posted variable (e.g. <perch:content id="posted">), but of course I can't because it is being set after the perch_collection. There is probably a simple solution to this but I can't see it! Thanks for any help.

Mike

I am just starting on a site for a recruitment agency using Perch Runway, which needs a jobs filter as part of the vacancy listing. I have included an image of the filter, showing the options I need to have:

When a job is added to the Vacancies Collection in Perch, only one option from each list will be able to be selected (i.e. a job can only have one Location, one Job Type and one Contract Type).

However when a person searches on the site they need to be able to select more than one, so they could be interested in Primary jobs, in both West Midlands and Shropshire for instance.

My question is, is it best to use Categories for the above, with a Set for each? I have used Categories before and used the category-match option, however in this case I don't think either 'category-match' => 'all' or 'category-match' => 'any' would be quite right, as if in the scenario above the visitor selected Primary for Job Type, and West Midlands and Shropshire for Location if I used all no jobs would show as none can have more than one location, and if I used any then it would show Primary jobs in London, which isn't correct.

What would be my best approach for this? Thanks for any help, I want to start off on the right foot before adding the vacancies in!

Mike

Hi,

Something I think would be useful is a "Download Database" button somewhere in the Perch / Perch Runway admin area. To trigger a download of a zipped copy of the .sql file.

Would this be possible / would anyone else find this useful?

Cheers

Mike