Posts by MattUrso

Hey Perch Community,

I have a client that has had perch for around 3 years. All has been fine and Dany until now :rolleyes:

They have an issue now where none of the folders on the server are writable by any DB user we create with read/write privileges. Any ideas onto what's going on? Is this version of Perch too old?

I am not hosting. My Perch diagnostic code is below.

Thanks in advance ti any insight!

Cheers, Matt

Hey Perch Community,

I have 3 search functions on a members landing page. One field states to search by "Name", the other "Country", and the last field by "Area of Expertise". I notice when you search, Perch will find an instance of the search item, but not the entire search string.

Example: Searching by "Area of Expertise" with the value "Pediatric Oncology".

This search will pull up multiple profiles with some containing "Pediatric" and some others only containing "Oncology" but not profiles containing only "Pediatric Oncology".

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the search code

Here is the results code

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

:burd1:

Hey Perch Community,

I'm wondering if you can use a Perch select box to trigger an if statement? I'm using it to switch between multiple choice or true of false questions on an exam. Below is my code so far...

Code
    1. <perch:content id="type" type="select" label="Type of exam question" options="Multiple Choice|multiplechoice, True or False|trueandfalse" allowempty="false" required suppress>

Below are my if statements...

Code
    1. <perch:if id="type" options="Multiple Choice|multiplechoice">
    2.     <!-- My Multiple Choice Code -->
    3. </perch:if>
    4. <perch:if id="type" options="True or False|trueandfalse">
    5. <!-- My True or False Code -->
    6. </perch:if>

I know this can easily be done with checkboxes, but I'm wondering if it's also feasible with a select box.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Matt