Posts by tonyastley

I've installed the members app and set up a page that requires members with a certain tag, the label suggests the ability to add multiple tags but they are not dynamically filled in (like related fields), and only work when on tag is in - eg comma separating two tags breaks it.

Thanks Ellimondo,

I've tried categories but have kind of ended up in the same place:

Article Template:

Code
    1. <perch:content id="newsTitle" type="text" label="News Title" title />
    2. <perch:content id="newsDate" type="date" label="Date" format="D d F y"></perch:content>
    3. <perch:categories id="newsCategories" label="Categories" set="news-categories">
    4. <a href="/category/<perch:category id="catPath">"><perch:category id="catTitle"></a>
    5. </perch:categories>

Related Template:

Code
    1. <perch:related id="relatedNews" collection="News Articles" label="Related News">
    2. <perch:content id="newsTitle" type="text" />
    3. <perch:content id="newsDate" type="date" />
    4. <perch:categories id="newsCategories" set="news-categories">
    5. <a href="/category/<perch:category id="catPath">"><perch:category id="catTitle"></a>
    6. </perch:categories>
    7. </perch:related>

The categories show fine when a normal collections call, however they are not visible when the related news is displayed on the homepage?

My target is:

Create News Article with 'Tags' - relate news article to a page and have tags show on the page alongside article.

Hello,

I'm running Perch Runway. We have a collection for 'News Articles', and a separate collection for 'News Tags'. When creating a news article the user can relate a tag to it (similar in the way a blog post tag system works).

When we relate the news article to a page, we are struggling to get the tags related to that news article to show. Is a nested relationship even possible?

News Article Template:

Code
    1. <perch:content id="newsTitle" type="text" label="News Title" title />
    2. <perch:content id="newsDate" type="date" label="Date" format="D d F y"></perch:content>
    3. <perch:related id="newsTags" collection="News Tags" label="Tags">
    4. <perch:content id="newsTag" type="text" />
    5. </perch:related>

News Tags Template:

Code
    1. <perch:content id="newsTag" type="text" label="Tag Name" required title />

Related News Template:

Code
    1. <perch:related id="relatedNews" collection="News Articles" label="Related News">
    2. <perch:content id="newsTitle" type="text" />
    3. <perch:content id="newsDate" type="date" />
    4. <perch:related id="newsTags" collection="News Tags" label="Tags">
    5. <perch:content id="newsTag" type="text" />
    6. </perch:related>
    7. </perch:related>

It's this nested tag relationship for "newsTags" we cannot get to show. The tags show perfectly fine with a normal collection call.

We're currently developing a site in Perch Runway and we're looking for a way to add related blog posts to standard pages and other blog posts.

Is there a custom field type we can employ?

Just dawned on me to filter it on the php call:

Code
    1. $floorCount = perch_content_custom('Clearance Offers', array(
    2. 'template' => 'offers/floor_count.html',
    3. 'filter' => 'type',
    4. 'match' => 'eq',
    5. 'value' => 'flooring',
    6. ), true);

Then include the html template in a perch:after tag to get the very last result

Code
    1. <perch:after><perch:content id="perch_item_count"/></perch:after>

Is it possible to get the a count of the number of items returned from perch_content_custom?

The use case is as follows:

Our client is adding special offers to their website. The offers are categorised 'beds' or 'flooring'. I want to be able to get a count for either so I can show a conditional menu.

I've tried:

Code
    1. //PHP
    2. $floorCount = perch_content_custom('Clearance Offers', array(
    3. 'template' => 'offers/floor_count.html',
    4. ), true);
    5. //Floor count html template:
    6. <perch:if id="type" value="flooring" match="eq">
    7.     <perch:content id="perch_item_count"/>
    8. </perch:if>

However that returns the total count of all offers not just flooring.

Is this possible?

Our client has queried on a couple of occasions why payment failed orders do not show in the admin list of their perch shop.

They are correct, only paid orders appear. Is there a way to have perch shop show all orders.

There is a status column, but it only ever shows 'PAID'

P.S. - We can export the failed orders as a CSV, but it's not convenient to keep exporting just to check.

We recently launched a Perch Shop, and have encountered a couple of outages due to server error 500.

The log files from the mosts recent outage look like (I've replaced the domain with sitedomain.com for privacy):

sitedomain.com [Sat Nov 21 17:03:42 2020] [error] [client 109.158.176.47:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

sitedomain.com [Sat Nov 21 17:04:46 2020] [error] [client 109.158.176.47:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

sitedomain.com [Sat Nov 21 17:06:33 2020] [error] [client 109.158.176.47:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

sitedomain.com [Sat Nov 21 17:07:28 2020] [error] [client 109.158.176.47:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

sitedomain.com [Sun Nov 22 03:49:59 2020] [error] [client 114.119.144.62:0] End of script output before headers: start.php

sitedomain.com [Sun Nov 22 12:30:21 2020] [error] [client 63.143.42.250:0] End of script output before headers: start.php

sitedomain.com [Sun Nov 22 12:30:22 2020] [error] [client 63.143.42.250:0] End of script output before headers: start.php

sitedomain.com [Sun Nov 22 23:18:54 2020] [error] [client 87.113.40.112:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

sitedomain.com [Sun Nov 22 23:18:57 2020] [error] [client 87.113.40.112:0] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/sites/sitedomain.com/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

Could these be causing the issue?