Add image attributes to Redactor asset chooser

• I've asked about this before a long time ago, so please forgive me if I've missed something.

I have a few non-technical clients who have real trouble with the image tool in the Redactor editor.

Currently this inserts a shortcode [cms:asset 00 title=""] I know that I can then add attributes to it, such as width="200", or class="alignleft" to do every day tasks like sizing and alignment, but for many editing code is not comfortable. For some reason the align attribute does not work also.

Please could the asset chooser give options for specifying height, width, class, and alignment? That would make things SO much easier for my clients. I've recommended Perch due to it's ease of use, but this is one place it falls down.

Thanks!

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Hi Paul,

I've recommended Perch due to it's ease of use, but this is one place it falls down.

Redactor is a third-party product. Even their official Imagemanager plugin does not let you add these attributes.

If you prefer to use the Imagemanager plugin so the images are displayed inline rather than shortcodes, you can with this plugin.