Information for new users of Perch 🙂

• No one lost their job, only a client so let's not overstate the situation.

How about we be glad, at least that Perch' reputation is now in the hands of a positive venture capital group.

As Clive said, that’s loss of income, and I'll add reputation. But nevertheless, I'm not going the argue new owners of Perch owe us much of anything. Businesses stop and services close down all the time.

But that goes in reverse too, and it’s obvious all of this will and has lost them business from many of us.

And it seems like they just don’t care.

• I am glad the ssl issue has been fixed. I think the difference in opinion on how perch should be developed comes down to use case. If you are using perch professionally to sell websites to clients then these sorts of issues are show stoppers that will hurt your reputation / business. If you are using it for personal sites then you don't really care about reputation and all these issues become easily worked around.

• I am glad the ssl issue has been fixed. I think the difference in opinion on how perch should be developed comes down to use case. If you are using perch professionally to sell websites to clients then these sorts of issues are show stoppers that will hurt your reputation / business. If you are using it for personal sites then you don't really care about reputation and all these issues become easily worked around.

Some people, wish to develop e-commerce, others a professional website; some still, a personal website.

In relation to the last two points, there is no problem of which I am aware, however regarding the first point, I accept there are issues there but again, no indication they will not be fixed at any point in time.