Posts by andrew

When you say function do you mean nothing shows up in the product edit screen?

You should get a dropdown menu showing all the categories in the products set. Make use that the set id matches what you've added into the Category app. You can only list categories from one set within one perch:categories pair of tags so you will need to use multiple pairs if you have more than one set of categories.

As an aside, because product pages tend to be quite complex, it might be easier for you to have one template for editing the products and another for displaying them. Then you don't need to worry about suppress or conditionals cluttering up your product edit template.

Thanks for that. I had added no categories to the products set, instead created new sets with categories. Working well now

Also thanks for the other tip, will do that now.

Great! As simple as that! Thank you

I'm assuming my problem with Product Categories is unrelated. Below is what I have for categories in the product template:

Code
    1. <perch:categories id="category" set="products" label="Category">
    2. <perch:category id="catTitle" suppress="true"/>
    3. </perch:categories>

The Categories app is working in the backend and I have Multiple Sets and Categories.

In the product, I get a text box for Category, but there is no function to it. Maybe I just type in the category? Do i need to put in Set/Category?

I am having a problem with the category selection field in a product in Shop. I turned on debug and noticed this:

Your config/apps.php contains "perch_shop_orders" but that app is not installed.
    Your config/apps.php contains "perch_shop_products" but that app is not installed.

I do have these installed and they function in the backend fine. Is this related to my original problem?

My PHP log shows that it is looking for runtime.php in each of the app folders, which I don't have. When I look at the installation files it isn't there either. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Any help appreciated!

I am nearing the end of a Perch Shop build. I am primarily a front end dev, and have tried to learn as I go, but have now hit a wall.

I am trying to set up Stripe as the payment gateway.

When loading checkout.php, I get nothing. The header layout is still pulled in, but once perch_shop_checkout is called the html ends abruptly.

I have followed the example and added the following to the head.

<script src="https://js.stripe.com/v3/"></script>

Is this the correct stripe.js?

I have also set up the config file as shown and added my API keys.

The first item in the body is:

<?php perch_shop_checkout(); ?>

But I have also tried:

<?php perch_shop_checkout('stripe'); ?>

I then call:

<?php perch_shop_payment_form('stripe'); ?>

Have tried a few combinations and cannot get it working. Am I doing something silly?

Thanks

Sorry...

[11-Apr-2019 08:48:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Symfony\Polyfill\Mbstring\iconv_strlen() in /home/senstec/public_html/cms-admin/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php on line 338

Thanks

Sorry, I should have posted that originally...

144.76.19.229 - - [09/Apr/2019:13:27:43 +0000] "GET /cms-admin/core/apps/categories/sets/edit/ HTTP/1.1" 500 - "http://rz2o5.hosts.cx/cms-admin/core/apps/categories/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36"

I was using hosts.cx as the domain is not pointed to this server yet. I tried manually updating my host files and got the same error.

Thanks

I have built a perch site and am now setting up the Shop.

I am following the documentation, I added the app folders and then updated the apps.php file.

When i went to add a new category I got a 500 error. I worked back and removed all apps from apps.php, but this did nothing.

I then deleted each app folder 1 by 1, only when i deleted perch_shop do i stop getting the 500 error when trying to add a new category, but then I don't have Perch shop.

I searched the forum but could not find a similar problem, any ideas?

Thanks