Posts by dommcloughlin

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the details, a lot to look into there.

It would be amazing to see a common use case from start to finish for page title, meta description and keywords (the main three)
    I'll experiment locally and work it out.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply.

It's just the standard meta info in the head of my php pages. I was sort of expecting this info to be replicated in the admin under Details Tab.

I'm now starting to think I need to call a template in the head of my pages. Is there a best practices way to handle standard Meta info?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

What's the best way to manage page titles and meta info?

I tested using the Details Tab inside admin, adding a Title and some keywords but after publishing and viewing source the Title is missing.

For now Ive just added the data back into the php pages.

Whats the slickest way to handle this for admins?

Thanks in advance!

Dom

Hi Folks

I have a simple faq accordion template that uses a checkbox as the toggle to reveal the answer to a question (code below)

Code
    1. <li>
    2. <input type="checkbox" id="faq-1">
    3. <label for="faq-1"><perch:content id="question" type="smarttext" label="Question" help="This will form the clickable question" required="true"/></label>
    4. <ul class="">
    5. <li>
    6. <perch:content id="answer" type="textarea" label="Answer" markdown="true" editor="simplemde"/>
    7. </li>
    8. </ul>
    9. </li>

As you can see each checkbox input has an ID that matches its corresponding label.

My question is how can I set this template up as a repeater that creates new sequential ID's?

Any help would be appreciated otherwise it'll be the dreaded codeblock =O

Many thanks!

Dom

Hi Drew.

I have three licenses that are not being used. They are all old but I was wondering if I could still use them, or upgrade in some way?

I believe they are all V2. What would be the best thing to do?

Thanks,

Dom

Hi there

I know this is probably a super simple issue.

I’ve just downloaded a new copy of Perch and want to create a localhost environment.

LocalHost is working, along with mysql, so I began the setup steps but I have the following error on the setup form…

"Configuration file is missing or PHP does not have permission to write to it. Make /Users/dommcloughlin/Sites/dw-dev/cms/config/config.php writable."

Everything else before this error gets a green tick.

Any help would be great. Oh I dont need to register or pay yet do I?

Thanks