Posts by swood85

Hi Hussein,

I don't want to start an argument, but you say, you could of re-asked the question... Is that the refresh values question??

I answered it twice in 2 separate posts..

I can see the cart id going up every time i refresh.

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=78

If i refresh, the product stays but the cart ID increments:

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=129

And if I navigate to /cart from this page, the page reloads empty with the next cart id:

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=130

I mentioned on 20th August I hadn't purchased my SSL yet, and a fellow developer Montlewis has mentioned that SSL could be an issue. What are your thoughts?

Too late for me :( but may help anyone else who gets this issue.

Hi Hussein, Drew,

It really saddens me to tell you this, but due to the lack of support I have had to switch from Perch to CubeCart!

I have fallen way behind on the delivery of my website and without being able to keep a product in my basket and proceed to checkout is a huge blocker.

I will reuse my licence for another site as I do feel Perch is a fantastic CMS, I just will not use it for any of my transactional sites.

I would like to ask, when you start charging for support with the next version, are you going to be stepping up your support model? As I would not be happy if I had paid anymore for my license including support and this is what I received.

All I received was questions to help identify my issue, which is completely understandable, but then silence! Not one suggestion on how to resolve.

Like I said, I am not trying to act like a moody customer, I love Perch as a CMS, but i just feel the documentation and support is not quite there for a shop and I hope my feedback will help. Maybe Runway is better for that... and that should be the only shopping platform...

Hi Hussein,

I thought i was getting somewhere with this, but i have noticed that when the user selects a radio button nothing changes anywhere on the front end for me to hinge changes to.

How does the checkout button know the selection?

Not even the product id or slug changes,

Thanks,

Sam

This is the debug messaging at the bottom of the page:

If i refresh, the product stays but the cart ID increments:

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=129

And if I navigate to /cart from this page, the page reloads empty with the next cart id:

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=130

Hi Again,

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it...

I have enabled debugging but your code snippet on my cart page didn't return anything.. If I use the other debug code on cart:

<?php PerchUtil::output_debug(); ?>

I can see the cart id going up every time i refresh.

SELECT * FROM perch3_shop_cart WHERE cartID=78

Hi Hus-hmd,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok I appreciate there is no JavaScript updating the page, but when the customer makes a selection is anything updated to let the browser know a price could potentially be different. I can build the functionality, but I cannot see how i can get all the prices out for each combination, or how to hinge the update on a customer selection?

So as I have now got a fresh install, i have only tried to add the basic to see if i can get this working...

But I am still having the same issue...

This only thing I have changed from the 'default template' is the cart url from /shop/cart to just /cart

Do i need to update this somewhere in my perch settings? I cannot think what else could be wrong, as my server cannot block cookies, and i have tried on several browsers. I can see the url is set in PerchShop_Cart.class.php incorrectly with /shop/.. is this a problem?

As this thread seems to have gone cold and I couldn't work out the issue, I have created a new site from scratch using a new SQL database...

Not ideal, but my project is now running late...

I can confirm though that the images are now working (although I have only added one, but i do keep checking it) and I am trying to copy my templates over slowly then checking image upload to see if I can isolate the issue for others that will come across it.

I am still having issues with my cart persisting though, which worries me.

I have decided to try and delete all traces of all images uploaded. In case I have a corrupt file somewhere.

I have deleted all the assets from the asset folder in Perch, I have deleted the gallery album I added. I have gone into each component and deleted any image links there was.

I also found a list of images in Perch/Resources and deleted them.

Is there anywhere else, or in any database tables that I should clear?

It's really odd. there is nothing showing in local storage or session storage, and there are 4 cookies for my site:

PHPSESSID = 2760f90c91bdd4b1c5

_ga = GA1.2.

_gid = GA1.2.

cmsa = 1

Does Perch suppress console errors? I would expect it to tell me if it tried to set a cookie and failed.

This is happening in chrome and firefox, so can't be a browser setting. It must be something i have done in Perch or on my server...

I think i am using the general product price...

i have this code on my product page php:

PHP
    1. <?php
    2. perch_shop_product($prodSlug, [
    3. 'variants' => 'true'
    4. ]);
    5. ?>

And this is my product template html: (ignore the div markup, i have removed some of it to make it easier to read)

Hi All,

A quick 'how would i...'

I have a product, for example a t-shirt, and if when the product page loads the default price is £10, and size options are presented X-Small -> XXX-Large.

If anyone selects, XX-Large or XXX-Large I want the price to increase, for example to £15. (These are purely examples and not my business model!)

So in the Perch products (I have the Shop add on installed) I created my base product and added the size option variants, then went into the XXL and XXXL and have overridden the price, however, when the user selects the size the price shows 10 but in the basket shows 15. Is there a way I can dynamically update the product page so the customer knows before adding to basket?

I can list the variants and their respective prices, but i cannot get the product SKU or price to update on selection change.

Thank you,

Sam

Hi Drew,

Here is my diagnostics report:

Just to add, I think it has something to do with the cart number which keeps increasing!

I have added debug info to the bottom of the cart page...

When I add to basket, i get this info:

Then when i click the basket link which should link to and basically refresh the same page I am on I get this info:

It seems it has auto-incremented the basket ID... Do I need to set a cookie?