Posts by Jason

George G  Gareth S  Matt A  Will B Please can you provide an update? You said you would monitor the forum for technical assistance / currently you cannot even sell any new licences technically? This has been nearly 2 weeks? Surely you don't want your investment to die out?

seoMatt in the Admin, see below fairly standard stuff, this is on my local though so I have all the warnings etc turned on - reverting to PHP 7.4 resolves the messages

Code
    1. <perch:content type="image" id="image" label="Image" width="590" height="800" crop bucket="general" help="Must be at least 590px wide x 800px high" order="4">

Hi Gareth, will you be officially releasing an update / adding to the add on page / apps release notes at some point?

Hi All,

An update on the Feature list for V4 is below, this doesn't include the Mobile UI improvements.

• Dark Mode UI: An option added in General Settings, dark mode image attached (image not 100% final, could be subject to changes).
    • Integration of Perch Runway features into Perch, including an option under Settings > Features to enable/disable these features (for simplification).
    • Collection Indexing: If a user is starting to hit performance problems and a Collection is becoming slow, they can create a custom index. This involves giving it a name, and then picking the fields from the collection that you want to be able to sort and filter on (the fewer the better). In the background, we then create a new database table with a copy of the data but in a traditional optimised table structure containing only the fields they want in the index. When retrieving data to a page, the user would specify which index they want to use (if any).

Could you expand on Point 2 please? That’s quite a big item - also when is the expected release date?

Oh really? I thought Shop was OK for 7.2. My mistake.

If George G is aware, please can you comment on this. Thanks

Unfortunately PHP 7.1 is completely end of life so everyone should be on at least PHP 7.3 by this point. https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

George G can you share some solid / estimated timelines for us customers please, it's been over 3 months since the acquisition after over a year of almost non existent communication. Should we continue to invest in Perch or start migrating sites elsewhere? I wouldn't have a business left at this point if I treated my customers the way this community has been treat. There is a lot of love for the product be we do now need to start seeing some solid updates / progress.

I have also noticed this problem / error on the Shop Dashboard, see attached, when upgrading a clients PHP version.

The only difference between no warning and warning was the PHP version 7.1 vs 7.3. I have fixed the issue and tested / all seems to be working.

On addons>perch_shop>modes>shop.post.php I changed count($data['items']) on lines 208 & 209 to PerchUtil::count($data['items'])

This fixes the issue. The reason I believe is after PHP 7.2 the count function changed in behaviour. See here: https://stackoverflow.com/ques…57945/php-7-2-count-error

Should this be in the next release of Perch Shop? drewm previous comment here tells me it should?

"Ah, good call. Most count() calls go through PerchUtil::count(), which should protect against this. That was a rare one which didn't.'"

Due to things changing and me needing to split my time differently, I'm not sure what the roadmap is. There's a bunch of work done on v4, and I need to figure out whether I scale back on the initial 4.0 and ship it, try and roll those features into a 3.x and ship it, or wait until I've got more of 4.0 done.

There's been some talk of compat issues with PHP 7.4, so I'd want to track those down and see what can be patched.

drewm with my business hat on I would say ship an initial V4.0 sooner rather than later, this will breath (with all respect, because I really respect what you have made over the last 10 years) life into the product / create excitement. If it's paired with the new subscription model it may help the revenue which could allow you to have extra resources to develop new releases quicker, updates, documentation etc. Just my 2 cents but it is what I would do.

I would also say Perch Shop should be a paid add-on. At the moment we can literally build a shop on a £60 Perch License. Compared to something similar like Craft I would say Perch is currently undervalued / too cheap.

Thanks hus_hmd , yes it's got me stumped...

Here is the debug code from the registration page after the form has been submitted.

Sorry, still no luck! Still doesn't pull through to the CMS

This is the debug on the User's Account Page Details

This is the page

Yes, this is what I get:

I've also tried the customer_create.html default template too and hit the same issues