Passing external resource into Perch

• Hi,

For some reasons my Perch Runway site retrieves a part of its informations from an XML source and also from the JSON stream of an IOS/Android app.

The XML is acquired every day using a cron job, I considered for a moment to import the XML resource into a collection to make its content searchable, but it's not a good idea considering the number of entries daily refreshed.

The JSON resource is lively acquired at the app.

I tried to implement a crawler to build the data into a mysql table for search purpose, but it's not really effective.

My question is: what do you think would be the best approach to make these external resources searchable by the Perch search application?

Thanks in advance.

Hugues

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Hi Hussein,

I did tried the importation into a collection and it worked well at first, but as the collection needs to be updated every day I had to deplore some sql crashes issues after several updates. It would have been the easyest solution.

If i can consider importing all of my external contents into a single searchable bunch, your solution will definitely be better.

Thanks.