Posts by Mikeymu

HI.

Trying to paste PayPal button code, which now contains some script tags, we saw the 'you don't have permission to access this resource' code 403 or something similar.

Can anyone advise on adding such code? (I used the code_block template)

Thanks.

I saw a post some time ago, I think, in the now-defunct old Perch forum.

Somebody posted a chunk of code that would be in the htaccess file - a content security policy that would mean Perch CMS would still function.

Would any of the kind people in the Perch Community like to reply with the csp that would mean 'unsafe-inline' in script and styles don't have to be included?

I too am having problems with this. A client cannnot upload pdf files into Assets.

On attempting to upload even a small pdf, there is a response -

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The hosting company say that filieinfo is enabled, and I have php version set to 7.0 for Perch version 3.

Glad I came across this, as I have just installed the events addon, but am thinking that making a simple template to display events in table rows would do just fine for what my client asked me to set up.

I installed my first instance of Perch a few days ago and, being a fan of fast web delivery, was delighted with the results on testing a page I was developing using Perch. I hope to be able to provide some new sites I have lined up over the next few months with this cms. Given how Google's rollout of new algorithms that include page load speed as a ranking factor, planned in may 2021 might affect demand for cms that don't slow sites down, I can foresee products like Perch coming to the fore. Best wishes!

I misunderstood the "try out locally", since my website is on "localhost" and after finding that perch could run on my website, and connecting to the database, I then clicked the link at the foot of the last dialogue box, saying "Licensed for local testing", bought a license key.

Unfortunately, now, having done that, I cannot get anything other, when typing mywebsite.com/perch/ than the same box and I cannot enter my key.

Should I delete all the files, delete the database and start over again? Or is there a simpler way to enter my license key?

Never used Perch before and, thinking I could try Perch CMS on my localhost on a remote server, I ended up buying a licence and then when I tried to login on the server perch folder, I repeatedly saw the message Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain. This license key is for local testing only, so can only be used on a non-public domain.

So I cannot see how to enter the licence key.||

Hi. This is my first comment here. I'm glad to see the post mentioning a content security policy, as it's something I feel is important, having spent the time to learn how to create one myself in an htaccess file on my own business website.

OK, from j-pinder's comment, inline css is a problem, but does anyone know if the other vulnerabilities throw no conflicts between PerchCMS and a csp?

Am looking into using Perch for the first time.