Posts by neillans

I guess you will hopefully get a response Monday ... I'm surprised that they approved even that tho, as some of mine along the same line don't ;)

Same vibes tho sadly.

Hope you get success!

It's really sad to see the constant delays, lack of communication and almost ... feet dragging .. continue :(

Sadly, it's enough for me to finally make the decision to not use Perch for new projects going forward as there is no confidence that there will be a new version, or stable platform, in the future. I really hope I'm wrong, as I absolutely love it's simplicity ... but this is just not a great feeling.

Gareth S I am confused. You say that the dev team have completed work on a dark mode etc and that are working on a full build to release. But previously you have said that the delay on getting a v4 out was not a technical one? Which is it? Is it a technical delay or not? I don't think I'm the only one that is starting to get extremely concerned about this continuing ... delay and uncertainty around v4 :( At this rate I am going to have to look at alternative platforms as there is literally no concrete information at all here.

Gareth S if that is the case, why can a release not be planned pre-SCA compliance, with a patch to add the compliance once it is confirmed? Seems strange to hold everything off till that point given the demand to get the product ..

It's getting difficult to wait for V4 tbh. I've got a number of V3 sites out there, which I am looking to do work on (ideally moving to V4 at the same time) as well as some more than are needing started - but I don't want to start them on V3 if V4 is just around the corner. There still also doesn't appear to be any information about the upgrade process from 3 to 4 - nor the commercials - will users who have recently just purchased a v3 license get a v4, or will they need to purchase an upgrade as well ?

Hi Mxkert! Thanks for the post :)

What worked in the end was changing the href quotes to single quotes - seems to be a bug in the parser, that it doesn't like being nested as much.

Got it working at least, but seems to be ... not matching documentation.

I'm trying to build a template that is for adding hyperlinks onto the page, and have this:

<a class="btn btn-primary" role="button" style="width: 100%;margin-top: 5px;" href="<perch:content id="url" label="Url" type="text">">

<perch:content id="text" type="text" label="Text">

</a>

The problem is when this renders out, the output is:

<a class="btn btn-primary" role="button" href="https://instagram.com/</perch:content>" style="width: 100%;margin-top: 5px;">

Instagram

</a>

Note the perch:content being added to the url element, but I can't work out why.

Any suggestions?