questions regarding functionality

• Hi,

I'm hopeful that Perch may have just the right amount of functionality that i've been looking for!

A few quick questions:

1. Can I use perch to allow the user to adjust small amounts of css? I'm mainly thinking of colours, although i'm against letting somebody do this I know somebody will want to make their navigation pink... Preferably i'd use perch to adjust a stylesheet or some inline css but if not maybe I can allow them to adjust a class in the html that I can use to defines colours?

2. Watching some of the Perch videos I noticed that certain functionality appeared to be adding elements to the page that must have additional css. I'm assuming this css can be adjusted and styled as required? i'm talking about things like the blog but also the form error boxes that appear when using perch for form validation.

3. I won't be using Perch for about 5-6 months, are there any major developments / version updates in the pipeline?

Thanks,

David

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • 1. Yes, you can use Perch to edit any text-based content. So that would include CSS, JSON, XML and also JavaScript too if required. Anything that’s plain text.

2. All the CSS is under your control. Perch doesn’t really give you any CSS. The idea is you design and build the site and Perch helps you manage the content on the site.

3. We don’t preannounce production releases in case the plans change. We don’t want you banking on something that might then not happen for technical or business reasons.