Contact form success problem

• Hi!

The Perch form's success message is not working anymore. The form itself works so the email is sent as it should, but it seems nothing is happening when a user clicks the submit button. The form stays there with all the inputted info. Previously the success message has been shown after submitting but now it is broken. There haven't even been any modifications on it so I'm quite stumped with the problem.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on what I could do or check to shed some light on the problem? Are there any usual causes for problems like this?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Tenttu

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Hi Drew!

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay in my response, I'm on a vacation at the moment and will officially be back in office on monday.

Anyways I enabled the debug and it shows these two rows:

Code
    1. Debug Message - Perch 3.1.1
    2. [30] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0
    3. [4] SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch3_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/yhteydenotto.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC

After I hit the "Submit" button, I get the form email correctly, but the page and form itself will not do anything. No success message and all the inputted info stays in fields.

Kind regards,

Tenttu

• Hi Drew!

That same debug message actually shows on the page before AND after submitting. It's almost as the button/form/page didn't respond at all when I press the submit button, but I still get the email from the form. Seems really strange.

Kind regards,

Tenttu

• Hi Drew!

I don't have any redirects other than forcing http -> https and that has been in place from the start. I've almost always been able to figure out these kind of problems myself but now it seems I just can't get any clarification on the problem.

What are the key components for the form to work? Where could the problem be when the problem is like mine (email is sent successfully but the page and form not doing anything, not even a reload)? Are there any common causes or things I should check?

Thank you for your continuing support!

Kind regards,

Tenttu

• Hi Drew,

I made a barebone web page with nothing in it but a title/header "Testing" and below it the Perch form. On that page it just resets the form when I click "Submit" and no email is sent. I used the same form and template that we are using on the official form page.

I wonder what could cause the original problem because there haven't been any significant changes to the page or our site. Only some content on other pages has been modified but text changes will not affect any functions, of course. I checked that our host's PHP version has also remained the same as it has been before.

Kind regards,

Tenttu

• Hi Drew!

Some time ago I did some experiments and updates with the JS functions and plugins but after that I reverted those changes back to original. It seems that at that point the JS functions might have gotten corrupted somehow or something like that. I replaced the functions with the "original/correct" version once more and checked it for any errors. Now the form is working again. I was sure that the functions should have been 100% same than before the experiments but I was wrong.

In conclusion, the form is now working again and the thread can be closed. Thank you for your help regarding this matter!

Kind regards,

Tenttu