Shop - Navigating Products

• I've had a number of clients ask if there is a way to make administration of products in Perch Runway's Shop app easier.

Whenever a client needs to go and make sweeping changes on 1,000 or more products, editing is a bit of a pain based on the current functionality. Is there a way the "Listing All Products" page located at /perch/addons/apps/perch_shop_products/ can be edited (without affecting core files) or is there a way to stop it from going to page 1 after editing and saving a product on say, page 30? It would be great if it returned you back to where you were last editing from (page 30). This is a quote from a client that I've heard a number of times now:

"When our product manager is going through to edit individual products and save, he is brought back to the first page but has to manually click through the pages to get the to one he needs as there is no shortcut (especially for the products in the middle). I also recall this being a challenge when I was going through and deleting products we didn't need. Is there a way we can make this easier and more accessible?"

Also, is there a way to edit the table view so other fields can be added to the product list? Like images, brands or categories, just like a normal content region in Perch's view mode supports?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• RE the return to the page where the item/product is after exiting the edit form would be very useful to be applied across Perch, not just Perch Shop. This applies to other actions too, not just editing. Like your client stated, it is not great that deleting an item (Shop product/Collection item/etc) on page x always returns you to page 1. I wonder if these UX issues are addressed in v4, drewm ?

Also, is there a way to edit the table view so other fields can be added to the product list? Like images, brands or categories, just like a normal content region in Perch's view mode supports?

You can use the Pipit Catalog app for now. It provides an alternative admin listing page for products.

• To follow up regarding Pipit Catalog, this is a wonderful addon Hussein, well done. It solves most of the issues that have been raised, albeit in a slightly different way (not having to dig through pages of products, but relying more on filtering).

I just have one question about the Republish feature – my clients site has over 1,000 products and after clicking republish, it crashed my nginx on local, so I'm a bit nervous of running it on production. Is there any way to just republish what is currently filtered so it can be done more manageable chunks?

• Another developer reported a similar issue when reordering products and there is an issue open on GitHub. I'm yet to address this and I'm unsure when I would, but I'll release a small update with additional user privileges for reordering and republishing products so you can at least disable the option for the editors.

p.s. I shouldn't provide support for this on here. Please use GitHub issues if you need to report any issues or suggest a feature.