Upgrade to 3.1.4 from 2.8.18: stuck at Import step

• Hi folks,

Followed instructions at: https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/upgrading/ and seemed to fine, but the admin portal is stuck on the "import" step. No access to the site content at all (until this is done, is my guess). The issues are 3 (screenshots below the descriptions):

1. When I click on import for Settings, the report is that they already exist. That doesn't sound bad, but ...
    2. When I click on Import for Content, I get a PHP error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PerchContent_Pages' not found in /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/PerchUpgrade.class.php:168 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/modes/import.content.post.php(28): PerchUpgrade->import_content(Array) #1 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/import/content/index.php(35): include('/homepages/35/d...') #2 {main} thrown in /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/PerchUpgrade.class.php on line 168

3. Diagnostics warns me (in Red) that I have PHP scripts in my Resources folder, but a quick glance doesn't show any .. is this a bug, or is there another Resources folder I'm not seeing?

More concerning is that the site doesn't seem to be affected. Which makes me suspect that the upgrade isn't finished ... even though the diagnostics report Perch v3.1.4.

Hopefully the content isn't in danger from the "limbo" state of the portal, but we will have to edit content in the near future .. any ideas how to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Dan

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Hi Drew,

I'm on the last step ("5. Log in: When you log in to the control panel, the updater will run as usual and you should be all set to go."). When I logged in, I got the screen above "Perch Import Step" which seemed to me to be prompting review/acceptance/kicking-off of the import. I don't know if that screen is normal, only that it's what I got.

• True. It was in the addons/apps folder .. nuked that. Re-login and got immediate exception:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function open() on null in /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/core/templates/layout/sidebar.php:2 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/core/templates/layout/top.php(78): include() #1 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/core/inc/top.php(20): include('/homepages/35/d...') #2 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/core/index.php(43): include('/homepages/35/d...') #3 /homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/index.php(3): include('/homepages/35/d...') #4 {main} thrown in/homepages/35/d156814736/htdocs/uucnc/perch/core/templates/layout/sidebar.php

Site still visibly intact. Appreciate your help to sort this out ...

• I think the old Upgrade app has been added to your menu, and now you've removed it it's throwing those errors.

As you're just in Perch and not Runway, you don't have the menu manager to be able to change it. Are you able to access the rebuild menu button in settings?

• So, I can draw a conclusion that the upgrade didn't happen. How I can I re-trigger it?

At which point in the instructions did I screw up? If I have to start over, I'm not clear on what I should do differently, other than deleting addons/app/Perch-2.... before I log in ...

• No luck with backing out (repointing domain to backup folder). Even nuked the row in the Perch2_settings table re: Perch3 upgrade being done. Website itself, along with Perch admin console are non-responsive.

I'm open to suggestions at this point, but can't shake my disappointment at the upgrade instructions being glib.

My specific concern now is to re-enable the site in it's Perch2 condition (which is the backup I have). If there are steps I need to take that involve manipulation of files in the directory, or values in the associated DB, I can take those. The console is AWOL.

• Hey Drew,

I appreciate you're busy, but any clues as how to restore my church's site would be appreciated.

Is there anything else needed, other than to re-point the domain to the backup folder? Any DB rollback (other than the minor edit above)?

Thank you.