Migrate the developed site from local to the server

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Thanks for the link. Now I have got an big issue. For staging I used the database account from my hoster in the config. So I had to put whole the bunch (all files and the Perch-folder) on the server at https://mydomain/preview/customer.
    For this I copied the pw, username and db-name which are fixed by my hoster into the config-file. As path for Perch I tried the define('PERCH_LOGINPATH', 'preview/customer/perch'); and also define('PERCH_LOGINPATH', '/perch'); but I still could not connect to the database.
    I also can't login to Perch itself - it does not accept the user or the pw.
    Hav you got any ideas where my mistake is?

• I also can't login to Perch itself - it does not accept the user or the pw.

What message are you getting? If Perch is rejecting your details then it's likely that they're just wrong. There's a different error page you'll get sent to if Perch can't connect to the database.

If in doubt, turn on debug so you can see what's happening.

• I do get this debug message record

perch 3.1.4

• no 1738315db1 its the live-one. It should be 1117486db3 . I am using a switch

I logged in to the server and opened the database - Now I can see the perch3_pages.

• I tried it now without a switch and I got this debug-message:

get(): ">[30] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0
    find_by_path(): "> [1] SELECT * FROM perch3_pages WHERE pagePath='/preview/faly/index.php' LIMIT 1
    template_attributes(): ">Using template: /templates/pages/attributes/seo.html
    _get_content(): "> [12] SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch3_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/preview/faly/index.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC

if I try to log into Perch there is this debug-message

get(): ">[30] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0
    Queries: 1
    Memory: 1.402