Create a unique CSS class within a repeater?

• Hi,

I'm using a repeater in my template.

I'd like to be able to output a unique CSS class for each item in a repeater, something like this:

Code
    1. <div class="item-0">...</div>
    2. <div class="item-1">...</div>
    3. <div class="item-2">...</div>

I've used <perch:showall> and I can see each repeater item starts with a unique array, simplified example below.

Is it possible to use these array numbers in my HTML template? If not, perhaps I could use the [assetID]?

Health check

• Perch Runway is up to date
    • PHP 7.1.26 is up to date
    • MySQL 5.7.25 is up to date
    • Image processing available
  • I've hit a bump with this...

When I have more than one block on a page, the value of perch_item_index is no longer unique.

Using perch:showall I can see each block as a unique ID

<perch:content id="_block_id">

I was hoping to combine _block_id and perch_item_index to make a unique value within a repeater

Unfortunately, I can't access _block_id inside a repeater

I've created variables from IDs in the past, but the way I do that involved referencing a fixed page. As this is a block, it could appear anywhere.

Is it possible to make _block_id a variable, so I could use it inside a repeater

Or perhaps there's a better way to create a unique value per item in a repeater ?

• To use _block_id inside a perch:repeater, just do this:

Add scope-parent to the perch:repeater, then add id="parent._block_id" to the ID inside the perch:repeater

Code
    1. <perch:repeater scope-parent id="your_repeater_id"><perch:content id="parent._block_id" type="hidden">-item-<perch:content id="perch_item_index" type="hidden"></perch:repeater>

When combined with perch_item_index, this will output a unique value per item inside a repeater. A useful addition if you intend to have more than one block on a page.

More info in the docs, at the bottom of the page, 'Accessing content outside the repeater'.