PHP 7.2 and Perch version

• Hi,

Following the article posted in December past with regards PHP 7.2 server environment: https://grabaperch.com/blog/ar…-perch-installs-and-php-7

Can I please just confirm that as long as sites are running an install with final update of Perch V2 version 2.8.34 they will still work fine when the hosting server gets updated to PHP 7.2?

We don't need to at this stage upgrade to Perch v3 in order for sites running on PHP7.2 to function as normal is that correct? - but of course ideally move them to latest V3 at some stage in near future.

Thanks.

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Hi, my server host has just updated to PHP 7.2.12 and while checking the admin areas for content updating on both Perch 2.8.4 and 3.0 are throwing the following errors.

2.8.4 - beside every input field
    Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in domains/---domainname---.com/html/content/core/lib/PerchFieldTypes.class.php on line 69

3.0 - beside every input field
    Warning domains/---domainname---.com/html/content/core/lib/PerchFieldTypes.class.php71

3.0 - before every content region
    : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line : count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in on line

Any advice on what I can be doing to sort this please?
    Thanks,

Greg