Perch Mailchimp App and Mailchimp tags

• I'm using the Perch Mailchimp app and can successfully add subscribers to a list, but I'd also like to add tags to subscribers which I can't get to work.

I've added the mailer="interests" tags to my form and retrieved the tag id's from the Mailchimp Playground however checking the API logs I get the following error:

Code
    1. The resource submitted could not be validated. For field-specific details, see the 'errors' array.

I'm not entirely sure how to check the 'errors' array.. but I've narrowed the issue down to the tags (as it works without).

Does mailer="interests" work with Mailchimp tags? I understand tags is how they now handle segmentation of subscribers within a list.

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • OK thanks Drew, any plans to update the app to support tags?

From https://mailchimp.com/help/getting-started-tags/

• Tags are built for your own, internal list organization. If you want your contacts to self-select an interest or category for themselves, use groups first and then apply tagging if you want to.

So I guess tags are more akin to what you're doing with Member types (I'm using Mailchimp app with Members form) where I can assign a tag rather than a user self selecting a group