Posts by kirkroberts

Based on that error it seems that the PHP mysql extension is not enabled. You should be able to enable it from the php.ini file.

Thank you!

(and sorry, I didn't receive a notification of your reply, hence my slow response)

The good news is that I was able to enable mysqli using php.ini and Perch seems to work as expected even after updating .htaccess with the suPHP_ConfigPath command.

The not-so-good news is that I've not yet gotten the suPHP_ConfigPath to work as expected, so even after I increase the PHP settings in php.ini Perch does not "see" them. But perhaps that is a thing for another thread, if needed.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: of course, right after I posted this, I got it working. Typical.

I have a client who just updated to PHP 7.2.

We're trying to increase the PHP limits for memory limit, upload size, etc using a php.ini file as that is what the host allows.

Working from a host help file and a Perch help file* we are trying to make all folders use the php.ini file in the public_html directory.

* https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/building/hosts/a2hosting/ (A2 is not the host we are working with)

This is the relevant code to add to the .htaccess file (with MYHOME being replaced with the appropriate directory name):

Code
    1. SuPHP_ConfigPath /home/MYHOME/public_html/

Unfortunately when we update the .htaccess file as directed we get this error when trying to load any page, front-end or admin:

Code
    1. Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_report() in /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchDB.class.php(20): PerchDB_MySQLi->__construct(NULL) #1 /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchFactory.class.php(28): PerchDB::fetch() #2 /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/inc/auth.php(14): PerchFactory->__construct() #3 /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php(6): include('/home/strateg9/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/strateg9/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php on line 17

Diagnostics from Perch are below.

I'm not sure where to go next, so any pointers could be helpful.

Thanks!