Posts by Rene Banus

Also it should have a way to restrict adding certain things (regions, blocks etc) so the editor will stay within the rules of the design.

Eg don’t put two photos next to each other. Or a piece of text should always have a header. Or after 3 text blocks there should be an image. A page should always start with a text and never with an image.

Things like that.

Thanks Drew for taking this step!
    I imagine it wasn't easy to let go and hand off to another, and I hope it will give you added peace of mind in these rather trying times.

:burd1fly:

René

ps You must have added something into the contract that will ensure the 'right' way of using the bird pictures. I know you were very opinionated in how the birds were used/portrayed. :saint:

That nicely written comment from Jonathan deserves a more thoughtful and warmer response than this repetition of words I would say.

You would probably only give this answer if you are indeed negotiating to hand over Perch to another party.

Hope it will be in the near future. Good luck!

That should really be part of the docs!
    Thank you very much for this code !!

Without this addition the user can easily forget to do the captcha and unwillingly create a spam entry.

In my case the page would say: “thanks for your entry we will get back to you and enroll you in the course” - and it would never happen.

So thanks!

To hopefully help others, I have added my code example. I made the button pushable only after doing the reCaptcha.

René

My happiness always seems to be something for the future.

but seriously, I’m genuinely curious what you think makes me happy.

Changes that would make me a happy Perch customer
    - good pricing to support solid development,
    - opensource more of perch to support community participation

- one place for all grapaperch-approved third party software. As part of the Perch infrastructure. (Download and install from the perch site, community support via the forum and a way to pay or donate for these addons/custom field/apps) if desired by the author.

René

If I can scale that back then a lot more can be shipped a lot quicker.

if I or others can help in any way, don’t hesitate to ask! You don’t have to tackle this alone. Looking at the conversations in the slack channel there are others who would like to aid.

Maybe describe what your problems are or show what you have got until now and people can offer their insights or even help with coding.

Maybe no scaling back is needed. Just participation from the community.who knows.

But maybe you want to do everything on your own?

Hope I can help,

René

If I press Undo, I don't know what I get. Also there is no Redo if I use it.

But Please leave 'Undo' in!

Only somehow make it more visible what its doing.

To give me more the feeling of being in control you can maybe:

* Add a Redo,

* Add a date to the Undo button (Undo to version 4 from May 3, 2008)

* Mark (like color?) the changed values after an Undo, so I know the differences. Maybe not the words in the text, but on a field level. (Don't want to make it too difficult for you.)

René

I have tried your code on my site.

Your version of the code doesn't work properly, because it misses the surrounding <blocks></blocks> tags to work properly.

If you put your code between these tags, you will see an "+ add an item" button and also an "+ Image Strip" (= add block) button.

The max number of images in one block will be 5.

But also it will be possible to add another <block> (of max 5 images). There is no limit to the number of blocks added.

Maybe this is intended, but if you wanted to use blocks and limit the amount of blocks (to 5) this isn't possible as far as I know.

I (and others) have asked for this feature, but I think it isn't implemented.

René

Thanks Drew!!

This works like a charm. Because it took me some time to figure out all the details, I have listed the solution here.

thx, René

Does anyone know if there is a way to use data from a 'Shared Region' inside a block?

See code example below

I want to be able to let the user (editor) determine the position of this data table on the webpage.

Or is there another way to make this happen?

I can't seem to figure this out, there may be a simple way I am not seeing right now. Hope someone can help.

Thx, René