Posts by nascent

https://www.mamp.info/en/mamp-cloud/

The part that says "digital relocation assistant" is of interest to me since I am not always working on the same system and I feel it is a modern approach but I would also like to include the actual Website I am working on or as I believe Rachel once put it "source of truth".

Hi,

General question for the community:

Is it possible to get a <perch:pages id=""/> from another page and use it in the current page without too much ado?

I am used to using PHP variables with PerchSystem::set_var(); but I have no idea what I might need to do this, since all I have seen is information regarding perch_content_custom()

Regards

Hi Drew,

Just on this note, when you say "updates" do you mean features or security updates?

As an example, when Microsoft phase out products, they continue to supply security updates until an EOL date expires.

I'm concerned whether or not Perch will become like WHMCS, whereby it seems they are nothing more than mere rent seekers.

Best

Do you mean the current backup functionality from Runway that's coming to Perch?

Hi Drew,

Yes, I am interested to know whether or not I can work on different computers in a similar way to what MAMP proposes.

Cheers

Hi Drew,

A quick question regarding v4 if I may...

...I was wondering whether or not the promised cloud functionality would also encompass localhost since I am currently using MAMP and was considering their cloud extension for a one-off fee however if Perch will do this, then I would much prefer an all-in-one solution.

Regards

Some good questions...

I wasn't anticipating a change to how licensing works and therefore would like to know what the ongoing pricing is going to be.

Many of the updates in the V3 cycle were not always necessary unless there was a specific problem, it was great that we were told but beyond the 12 months I am wondering if the product will be "feature complete" and whether updates after that point will be non-security related.

So far so good but a bit concerned.

Hi Drew,

I mistakenly wrote that I was in Production mode, when in fact I am always in Development mode hence my question since I was of the belief that Development mode, literally meant that nothing was cached and therefore a simple refresh of a page meant that any changes to an underlying template or PHP code would mean that all data would be retrieved anew.

There are some occasional problems re-ordering <perch:block/> elements however since I have changed my AMP stack, problems elsewhere have not surfaced as of late.

Thank you for supporting such a meaningful CMS.

Cheers

Hi Drew,

Thank you for replying with your thorough explanation.

I cannot seem to fathom the problem since I am using AMPPS and it hasn't been updated for a long time, in other words the only thing I have updated recently is Perch.

As for uploading an entire database, I haven't checked whether this is strictly necessary between local and internet web servers but I assumed it would be since it was happening locally at least.

My config.php files on both systems are in Production mode and while I'd like to take advantage of a having the fastest possible caching in PHP, my templates are always in development as I use a great amount of Media features and alas Web Components aren't really here and Perch offers the perfect balance between templated and custom content.

Hi,

Greetings to the new forum!

I have a problem whereby I am in Production mode but any change to a Perch template or linked file from a Perch template requires me to save when previously this has not been the case.

Is this the expected behavior since it is really tiresome having to upload an entire database just for really small changes, especially when this was not required previously and was a great feature that appears to be trashsed for no good reason.

Cheers