Posts by awrench1

Hello,

I am trying to set up a members area to update details of their profile. Do the members areas need to have a specific page setup? so using something like /members/ or /members/login? or can you use any pages and add the login tags to them?

The reason I ask is that I have created pages called login.php and also one for register.php and finally one for your-account.php - the login and register work fine but the your account one I have selected "Restrict access to members with tags in the settings of the page" - when I visit this page it brings up a 404 saying "The requested URL /members/login.php was not found on this server."

So my question is do I need to somehow tell perch what the members pages are so that these redirections work?

Or is there a better way of making a page require a login to view?

Many thanks

Alex

Hello,

I am using a plugin for outputting the member profiles to the front end of the site but wondered if anyone knew how it might be possible to add filtering? The full runtime for the plugin is below.

New to perch and php so not sure if this is something that is possible - if there was a way to pass in a filter based on either a tag - or value of a field entered on the profile form?

Also if there was a way to only show active profiles?

thanks for any help in advance.

Alex

Not sure if this would warrant its own thread but do you (or anyone else) know how to make a member profile form only accessible once logged in?

Do I just use the:

PHP
    1. <?php if (perch_member_logged_in()) {
    2. profile form directly here?
    3. }
    4. ?>

And add the form fields directly into that code? I tried referencing the template for the profile but obviously this is a php tag in self so not sure this is correct? currently referencing the template as below

PHP
    1. <?php perch_member_form('profile.html'); ?>

Thanks Clive - so is that a quote for your time or do you mean from an external developer? I have a similar need for it for a personal project so just wondering if enough people wanted this whether we could all chip in dependent on costs?

Hi Clive,
    This sounds like the exact plugin I need for a new site idea. How are things progressing with it? Have you had any further thoughts on whether to release this for purchase?