Posts by tonyastley

OK, I've done that - as a temporary fix I changed the value of the submit button on the customer_login.html template to 'Continue' - it is this value that get's inherited by the button on the perch_shop_order_address_form.

I've had to divide the debug, the forum is not letting me post in full as it is saying it's too long?

Here's a strange one...

I'm building the checkout process for the shop, once the user has clicked through to checkout they are presented with a login or register screen. For existing users the perch_shop_addresses_set will not have been set so they are presented with the perch_shop_order_address_form asking them to choose a billing and delivery. However the form shows 'Login' on the submit button rather than the 'OK!' from the template.

The form works fine and the addresses are set, but obviously 'Login' makes no sense to a user who has just logged in.

Any ideas?

Hello,

I would like Perch Shop to show only the products from the current category (excluding products within it's sub categories)

I have the following code:

PHP
    1. <?php
    2.      perch_shop_products([
    3.      'category' => $fullcatPath,
    4.     'template' => 'products/views/product_list_categorised.html',
    5.     ]);
    6. ?>

$fullcatPath provides a path such as: 'products/access-flood-protection/'

My issue is that it is showing all of the products within the sub categories of 'access-flood-protection' as well - I essentially only want it one flat level.

I have a template giving me the id of the current category, and I can see from the showall that there is a category array assigned to the product, I can't work out how to filter the results using the two pieces of information.

OK, I think I have it:

When an order is created, the system will assign an ID to the shipping address, and a separate ID to the billing address. You can see names of these id's in the showall table for the order. They are:

orderShippingAddress

orderBillingAddress

The value will be an integer, for example:

perch_shop_customer_address(29);

'29' is the value stored for the billing address.

orderShippingAddress 30
    orderBillingAddress 29

To obtain this number, you will need call the order details into a specific template containing only that ID, for example:

Code
    1. $billingAddress = perch_shop_order($orderID, [
    2.     'template' => '/shop/orders/billingAddress.html'
    3. ], true);

The template billingAddress.html contains only the following ID:

Code
    1. <perch:shop id="orderBillingAddress" />

You can then use the value stored in $billingAddress to display the address:

Code
    1. perch_shop_customer_address($billingAddress);

Same logic applies for shipping address.

Hello,

I'm trying to show the shipping and billing address of an specific order. I have found reference to:

perch_shop_customer_address();
    perch_shop_customer_addresses();

The former accepts an array of options, but I cannot find any documentation on what these options are?

My goal is to show the shipping and billing address based on a particular order ID.

Could someone explain how this is done please...

Thanks, your response has pointed me in the right direction. This page as the answer:

https://docs.grabaperch.com/templates/pagination/

Adding this code to the template has got me started.

The perch_content_custom docs had me believe a default would appear as it does for site nav:

page-links True or false. Create numbered page links as well as previous and next links.
    page-link-template The template to use (if not the default) to generate the page links.

The blog article template is as follows:

Code
    1. <div class="article section">
    2. <h2><perch:content id="title" label="Title" title /></h2>
    3. <h6 class="date"><perch:content id="event_date" type="date" label="Date of event" format="D d F y" /></h6>
    4. <perch:template path="content/blocks/blocks.html">
    5. </div><!--/.section-->

Should there be markup in there for where the pagination links appear?

The pages php is as follows:

I'm using a multiple region as a simple blog for a client.

Code
    1. perch_content_create('Articles', array(
    2. 'template' => 'blog/blog_article.html',
    3. 'multiple' => true,
    4. ));

This region is then called into the page:

PHP
    1. <?php perch_content_custom('Articles', array(
    2. 'template' => 'blog/blog_article.html',
    3. 'count' => 2,
    4. 'paginate' => true,
    5. 'page-links' => true,
    6. ));

The articles show, and the count value works fine but the standard pagination doesn't show.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks Ellimondo.

I can see the logic in Perch Shop creating the variants, but for the use case we have (products with multiple options) I'm not sure it is a good fit.

Thanks for letting us know anyway. It's a shame we had to get so far into setting up to find out. Nevermind it will be a good solution single dimension products in the future.

Hit a bit of a brick wall with Perch Shop, couple of questions to see if we can get further:

1. Is it possible to extend the product options template to accommodate images

Our case here is to enable users to select door handle styles when purchasing a door.

2. Is it possible to update the price on the page when option is clicked.

Currently the only way of knowing the value of what you have selected is by adding it to the cart.

If anyone could provide an answer to the above I would be very grateful, even if it is a 'no'.

Hello,

I've installed Perch Runway locally to try it out before purchasing. Everything went through fine, however when I try to log in I get the message:

Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain. Log into your Perch account and add the following as your live or testing domain: dev.testdomain.loc

I read here that it should be possible under a .loc domain?

http://forum.grabaperch.com/fo…locally-without-a-license

Has anything changed in the last 2 years since that forum post?