Page setup for members

• Hello,

I am trying to set up a members area to update details of their profile. Do the members areas need to have a specific page setup? so using something like /members/ or /members/login? or can you use any pages and add the login tags to them?

The reason I ask is that I have created pages called login.php and also one for register.php and finally one for your-account.php - the login and register work fine but the your account one I have selected "Restrict access to members with tags in the settings of the page" - when I visit this page it brings up a 404 saying "The requested URL /members/login.php was not found on this server."

So my question is do I need to somehow tell perch what the members pages are so that these redirections work?

Or is there a better way of making a page require a login to view?

Many thanks

Alex

• Do the members areas need to have a specific page setup? so using something like /members/ or /members/login? or can you use any pages and add the login tags to them?

You can use any pages. The example pages and templates have a few defaults added in to make things easier, but you don't need to stick to those.

There's a setting for "Login page path" on the Settings page.

• Sorry Drew - a couple of other bits if you don't mind?

1) The same thing happens for the password reset link? Does this need to be set somewhere aswell?

2) Is there a way to trigger an email to admin if a member makes an update to their profile?

Thanks!

• If you want to be notified when a user updates their profile you can always include the perch_forms at the top of the profile form.

Code
    1. <perch:form id="profile" method="post" app="perch_members perch_forms">