Posts by awrench1

It would appear after removing these textarea fields from the member.html file that they still get wiped out if I save any changes via the backend form?

Ah ok - so is it best to not have those as fields in the backend form then to stop them being wiped out? So they are just managed by the user not admin?

Thanks Clive.

Hello,

I have just noticed a strange bug (or maybe I have done something wrong) - so I have a member login set up - when logged in they can then edit their profile. That all works fine and when a member updates their profile via the site it shows the correct fields in the backend.

However, If I was to edit the same profile in the backend of the system leaving the details the same - so even just hitting save - all of the texture fields get wiped out.

to give an example of the coding behind this, in the profile.html file I have a field:

Code
    1. <div>
    2. <perch:label for="profile_details">Tell everyone about your business</perch:label>
    3. <perch:input type="textarea" id="profile_details" label="profile_details" >
    4. <perch:error for="profile_details" type="required"><div class="error"><p>Please add your business details</p></div></perch:error>
    5. </div>

Then in the member.html file the same field

Code
    1. <perch:members type="textarea" id="profile_details" label="profile details" order="6"/>

Strangely all the text fields work - just seems to be the text area fields?

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks Ellimondo, so I now have this working - I did as you said with the headers so the first sitemap.html has the opening tags - then the sitemap.php page has the closing tags. I also noticed that I had not included the page ref for the custom output and now that is in there it is outputting the listings so thats great.

So all appears to work except debugging gives me the following:

Code
    1. Array
    2. ( [type] => 2 [message] => Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ../sitemap.php:2) [file] => ../perch/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php [line] => 1415
    3. )

All seems to work anyway but would be good to know for future what that error means?

EDIT: It would appear this was caused by a whitespace above the php call in the sitemap page

Thanks Drew. So I have the following:

then I have the two template files:

First the sitemap.html

Code
    1. <perch:before><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    2. <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
    3. </perch:before>
    4. <url>
    5. <loc>https://www.hellohighstreet.com<perch:pages id="pagePath" /></loc>
    6. </url>
    7. <perch:after>
    8. </urlset>
    9. </perch:after>

And second the custom one:

Code
    1. <perch:before><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    2. <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
    3. </perch:before>
    4. <url>
    5. <loc>https://www.hellohighstreet.com/listing-details?s=<perch:content id="slug"/></loc>
    6. </url>
    7. <perch:after>
    8. </urlset>
    9. </perch:after>

The first works fine but it would appear that nothing is coming out for the custom one?

I think you are right - after posting this I did some more testing and it looks like even my standard mail via a mail client is not getting through. I have logged it via the hosting support so hopefully they can sort it - think it might be to do with how they are being sent and the dns settings on the domain/server.

Whilst I have you here Ryan - did you create Chirp? looking at possibly installing this on the new site I have built - is there a way to demo it to see functionality and how it all works?

Thanks again for the help.

Alex

Hello,

I have set up the members area but have an issue with the emails from this going to spam - so the password reset, welcome email..etc

I have set up all of the config entries:

PERCH_EMAIL_FROM

PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME

PERCH_EMAIL_METHOD

PERCH_EMAIL_HOST

PERCH_EMAIL_AUTH

PERCH_EMAIL_PORT

PERCH_EMAIL_USERNAME

PERCH_EMAIL_PASSWORD

PERCH_EMAIL_SECURE

but still the emails hit spam/junk on hotmail/outlook and gmail.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Many thanks,

Alex

Thats great, thanks Ryan - I have the meta issue working now!

Not fully sure how I would go about not having the additional page for the listing detail as it links to a different template for the inner details fields?

No just standard perch with a list detail setup as below:

PHP
    1. <?php perch_content_custom('Listings', array(
    2. 'page' => '/find-listing.php',
    3. 'template' => 'listing-detail.html',
    4. 'filter' => 'slug',
    5. 'match' => 'eq',
    6. 'value' => perch_get('s'),
    7. 'count' => 1,
    8. ));
    9. ?>

Thanks Ryan - I have now added the above code in and that works great. Is there a way to now have this work with a listdetail output - so when selecting a detail view I can have custom title and description tags outputted?

Hello,

Does anyone have a simple guide on the best method to be able to have custom meta tag outputs for title and description of each listing detail?

I currently have a header.php file which contains all of the meta tags for the site as well as the css and js file links - the meta title and description

tags in this file are as follows:

PHP
    1. <title><?php perch_pages_title(); ?></title>
    2. <meta name="description" content="<?php perch_page_attribute('description'); ?>">

and then output using the perch_layout tag.

Is there a way to adapt this to output a title and description for each listing detail?

Thanks as ever for any advice its really appreciated as I am just getting to grips with Perch!

Alex

Ok so I thought I had this cracked but after some testing it appears that the message shows regardless of there being results or not.

Do I need to tell the filter function to display the message if no results are found?

Sorry Drew - a couple of other bits if you don't mind?

1) The same thing happens for the password reset link? Does this need to be set somewhere aswell?

2) Is there a way to trigger an email to admin if a member makes an update to their profile?

Thanks!