Perch version required for PHP version

• Hi

Is there a Perch vs PHP compatability table somewhere that I can refer to?

Specifically, I'm trying to find out whether I can safely upgrade PHP from 7.2 to 7.3.27 without upsetting a Perch 3.1.1 that I am running. I dont want to upgrade the Perch 3.1.1 if I can avoid it as I almost always run into problems when upgrading Perch. I need to upgrade PHP in order to be able to install the latest version of Wikimedia (1.35).

Thanks for any help and apologies if I've breached any protocols on this forum :)

Cheers - Mark

• George G

Approved the thread.
  • Clive, sorry to bother you again (or anyone else whom might be able to help) , I've decided to try to upgrade to the latest version of Perch. However, I can no longer find any documentation explaing what to do, do you know if there is any?

Basically I'm trying to upgrade from 3.1.1 to whatever the latest version is (3.1.7?). My site uses three add-ons, blog, events and gallery.

I can find lots of documentation on upgrading to v3 but none on upgrading from 3.x to 3.y.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers - Mark

PS, it seems that i just need to replace core with the new core but in the past I'm sure it told me what I needed to do in terms of add-ons that needed to be also upgraded.

• You can check the version numbers against the app downloads on this page https://addons.perchcms.com/ - each zip download has the version number in the file name.

Perch Gallery and Events are very old now and have not been updated for 4 or 5 years. Even though they are very old, you do appear to have the "latest" versions. Blog 5.6.1 is also the latest it would seem.

Contents, Categories and Assets follow the same numbering as Perch core.

• Clive, you've been a great help, thank you very much indeed. I have now upgraded Perch to 3.1.7 (and PHP to 7.4.16) and all looks well. Now I'm going to gird myself and try upgrading the Wikimedia software.

Thanks again.

Cheers - Mark