Upgrading from Perch 2.7.5 to latest Perch 3.1.5

• Hi,

I have a client who's Perch is really out of date (v2.7.5). I've done the usual site backup, SQL backup, etc. in preparation for upgrade.

When I replace the core folder on the server, the website instantly goes offline and Perch is not accessible.

If I roll back it's okay again. The apps file looks is reading fine, what else could be the cause here?

PHP
    1. <?php
    2. $apps_list = array(
    3. 'content',
    4. 'categories',
    5. 'perch_blog',
    6. 'perch_gallery',
    7. );

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Are you able to update to 2.8.34 first?

Hi Drew. Yes. In was able to upgrade to v2.8.3 first, but again when I try to go to the latest version it breaks the site again.

I have noticed permission errors a couple of times when trying to overwrite the core folder, however if I cancel and retry it successfully overwrites the folder without these errors. Any ideas? Currently now on v2.3.34

• Hi Drew. Yes. In was able to upgrade to v2.8.3 first, but again when I try to go to the latest version it breaks the site again.

I have noticed permission errors a couple of times when trying to overwrite the core folder, however if I cancel and retry it successfully overwrites the folder without these errors. Any ideas? Currently now on v2.3.34

Actually, I've just spotted the version of PHP being listed here is 5.3.3! I assume this is the culprit... I'll get on to the hosting