Importer date format error

• Hi

I am building an importer script for collections. When the script hits this line of data:

Code
    1. 'seminar_start' => '12:30:00',

I get an error starting Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_date() on null in

The template is using the following field so just the time shows on the page:

Code
    1. <perch:content id="seminar_start" label="Start time" type="time" format="H:i" native>

The json in the db is "seminar_start":"13:20:00"

I think that Perch is doing something clever to the time field, but I cannot work out the format I need to parse the time in, in order for the importer script to run correctly? Can anyone enlighten me please?

• Ah yes, sorry, I cut it off as I thought the beginning was the relevant bit.

I've solved this by concatenating the import item's date and time fields and using the resulting variable.

Code
    1. $session_start = $item['Date'] . ' ' . $item['Session Start'];
    2. $session_end = $item['Date'] . ' ' . $item['Session Finish'];
    3. $Importer->add_item([
    4. 'seminar_start' => $session_start,
    5. 'seminar_end' => $session_end,
    6. ]);
  • Hi

This issue has reared its head again – but I've only just seen the error when the site is being edited by the user.

The template tag is this: <perch:content id="seminar_start" label="Start time" time type="time" format="H:i:s" default="09:00">

Time is imported using the API as 9:50 into a collection.

This then saves as 2019-07-29 09:50:00 in the database:

When the collection item is saved again the field returns this to the initial format. e.g. 9:50

So the item is now out of order in the listing as the format has changed (to what it should be).

I can just use a text field as I only need the time but it would be nice if the importer kept to the format set in the template – or alternatively didn't change the actual data format once saved. Is this possible?