Error on uploading files

• I am having problems when uploading a file via Perch. Up until now there have been no problems, but I now get a 500 Internal Server Error message. On checking the error logs I see there is an Invalid response status 44.

Nothing has been changed in the website and the files I am uploading are named properly and well within the upload limit. The problem occurs even when selecting files already in the assets folder.

I contacted my hosting company and this was their reply.

I have deleted a number of files but am still getting this error. Can anyone advise me on how I might be able to resolve this?

We believe to have found the issue with the site. It looks to be triggering one of our system's mod security rules. We cannot change these, unfortunately. What is happening here specifically is that when you click the save button a POST request is made to the server. This POST request has a bunch of rules it must adhere to in order to be allowed and made successfully. Unfortunately, it looks like when it is made it includes all the files on this page. As this is more than a hundred files it triggers the POST individual file upload limit and this fails. Giving the error you have been seeing.