Posts by TheOldDesigner

Actually another seven or so days and I will be out of here having transferred all my unused licenses and I will have completed a migration of all my remaining sites to Expressionengine. That will have included the transfer of over 300 blog posts across four sites (by hand) and conversion of the sites to ee code and templating and the transfer of all site images and content for the sites with and without blogs. All done at no charge to clients because I believe it's in their and my best interests.

So presuming I have no issues with the transferring of remaining currently active licenses I will be out of here by next weekend and probably silent before then.

It's been fascinating and one thing I can say with confidence, no other CMS has provided me with this level of entertainment before, and it's a real pity the director who dealt with the license transfers pretty much by return once he got involved has not infused his support staff with the same ethos. The end of a chapter I guess.

If you think it’s bad here you should check out the Slack channel.

yes this thread is about Perch’s future that’s why people are discussing alternatives precisely because many believe it does not have one or at least a viable one despite all the suggestions and ideas provided in good faith on the first 10+ pages.

Nothing should be wholly supported blindly, support is earned and the new owners have done nothing to earn that support

I am sorry your so easily offended others seem to find it worth discussing.

there really is a lot more important things in the world to be “ offended “ by than a discussion on viable alternatives to a failing CMS. Lastly I believe I just responded to someone’s question i did not steer the thread this way.

expressionengine has been around longer than perch I believe, it started as pmachine and went at one point "enterprise" at over $299 a license (this was a good few years ago). It was sold to one of its major plugin developers a while after that who made it free/open source reckoning the paid plugin architecture would support its future development.

Carthrob is the major e-comm solution but there is a simpler recent addition https://expressionengine.com/add-ons/reinos-simple-store which looks like it has potential. Most of the plugins are top notch and never had an issue with any.

You probably will not need support, the slack and stack exchange channels will sort most things out. I paid for one month recently when our server config was blocking updates and no one could work out why.. they fixed it in one day but thats the only time in many years of usage.

thank you for the lesson on how to run my business. Actually yes I am annoyed and occasionally I reused licenses as was allowed at the time. Why I bought the licenses is irrelevant someone is looking to buy them in bulk so maybe you would like to question their intentions as well?

I am not selling clients a CMS I am entering into a long term business relationship and meeting a need which includes hosting and maintenance contracts so I am concerned about the long term implications not dismissing clients who I hopefully will be dealing with for years to come as ignorant or uninterested.

As this post was opened to address admin problems and my situation with the owners perhaps we should just let admin respond as really your input is pretty irrelevant and a lecture I do not need.

How can a product which obviously is rudderless and with no communication be a good option?

There are a dozens of other CMS’s vying for business Perch while useful in its day is no better than myriad others which are well maintained and I could probably rely on going forward . There is no way I would give these people any money or even use Runway if they gave it to me free!

It’s an administrative issue nothing to do with the dev team just get someone to do their job it’s now been a week. Pathetic response from a pathetic outfit!

You are now costing my business cash by your negligence , and as such failing on your legal duty of care. Sort it out or I will investigate what recourse I have against you.

Well, the UK bank holiday is over Cyprus (where your dev team are supposed to be based) finished annual holidays last weekend so what’s the excuse this time?

I do not seem to warrant even the usual “pass it up the chain” buck passing response which has been the norm here for months. Not even a false promise of delivering something soon.

How anybody can even contemplate trusting Perch under its current ownership is beyond me. Here’s a suggestion, deliver a usable product in terms of actual code and support or get out of the way and allow it to be open sourced. Nobody probably including yourselves want this grief.