Posts by Jason

Hi, Has anybody had an issue where perch shop doesn't register the initial billing & shipping addressees? I am getting this on the Debug when trying to view them.

Invalid query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'countryID' at row 1

I have a country field set on the registration form, and I still get the error even when trying the default customer_create.html template. Even weirder this was working the other day and I haven't touched (I Think!) the registration process. The database on perch3_shop_addresses is also now showing a lack of this field whereas before it was filling. Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Hi,

I am building a shop which uses Cart Properties however when the server is using PHP 7.2 or higher it gives this PHP warning when using perch_shop_cart()

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in XXXXXXXX/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php on line 516

After reading this threads here I changed line 516 in /addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Cart.class.php from

if (count($json)) { to if (PerchUtil::count($json)) {

This clears the PHP warning, 2 questions, is this okay and should this be in a future update?

Commercially we are exploring new options like Kirby CMS as we are struggling to sell Perch to larger clients due to a lack of roadmap / regular updates / bug fixes.

From a business point of view we need more reassurance. We have a few projects to complete in Perch but it I think we will have to transition away, which is a shame because it's always been a great CMS & we've used it for years. Can Perch HQ provide any reassurance?

For example https://perchrunway.com has been down since the start of the week, how can we refer clients to see what CMS we will be using when it flags a SSL error?

Perch shop has this issue outstanding with no updates: SCA Regulation

We really do love perch, there is no other CMS like it and want to continue using it but unfortunately clients do have a say in what we do as they pay the bills.

Thanks Hussein,

Whilst my previous solution was working, I think I prefer keeping it all within postSlug. Here's my final solution for future reference if anyone needs to composite blog urls from other fields.

HTML
    1. <perch:blog id="postSector" type="select" label="Sector" options="Aviation|aviation, Rail|rail, Commercial|commercial, Industrial|industrial, Food Industry|food-industry, Highways|highways, Domestic|domestic" allowempty="false" required suppress>
    2. <perch:blog id="postSlugPre" type="slug" for="postTitle" label="URL Slug" suppress editable help="Delete & save to generate new slug from post title">
    3. <perch:blog id="postSlug" type="composite" for="postSector postSlugPre" join="/" suppress>

Just been trying to get custom blog url / slugs working under the settings tab (Blog post page path & Slug format) using my own perch:blog id's...

This last post here from Mark Fisher from the old forum outlines the exact issue:

http://forum.grabaperch.com/fo…ynamic-fields-in-template

Long story short as Drew mentions:

You should be able to use any IDs from the post.html template in the post slug

However you currently cannot, the only id's which pull through are:

postID, blogID, postTitle, postSlug, postDateTime, postDescRaw, postDescHTML, postDynamicFields, postTags, postStatus, authorID, sectionID, postCommentCount, postImportID, postLegacyURL, postAllowComments, postTemplate, postMetaTemplate, postIsPublished, image, sectionTitle, SectionSlug, sectionPostCount, sectionDynamicFields, perch_image, blogTitle, blogSlug, setSlug and blogDynamicFields

Can this be added as a bug / feature request? I appreciate you can work around it in a couple of ways using perch_blog_custom() however to keep the View Post / View Draft buttons working correctly in the control panel you have to hijack / use one of the above, looks like postTags will work for me on this occasion.

Hi Drew,

I've asked and it was made a default for increased security.

It provides increased security and limits PHP opcache API calls to the path specified in that directive.

Hi, When I try a clean install of Perch 3.1.5 on PHP 7.3 I get the following:

Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /srv/users/folder/apps/app-name/public/customperchname/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 1427

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/users/folder/apps/app-name/public/customperchname/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php:1427) in /srv/users/folder/apps/app-name/public/customperchname/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 233

Downgrading the server to PHP 7.1 solves the issue and installs with no errors.

I don't believe I am doing anything wrong / I believe this is a bug.

Note: Items in red abstracted for privacy.