SCA Regulation

  • As there was no response to my post on the older thread, I've started a new thread. This is the latest update from Stripe below. I'd be grateful for an update as to where Perch is with this.

    With the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) deadline coming up soon, here’s what to expect on Saturday, 14 September.

    After announcements by many national regulators, we anticipate a phased enforcement of the new SCA requirements over the coming months. However, we do expect some European banks to start declining payments that aren’t SCA-ready starting 14 September.

    Our information shows that you still need to make changes to your Stripe integration in order to prepare for SCA and help avoid an increase in declines starting 14 September. Updating your integration can require frontend, backend, and client bindings version changes, so we recommend that you begin updating your integration as soon as possible.

  • drewm

    Approved the thread.
  • I've recently added the updated Stripe Omnipay to a perch app, which works similarly to perch shop. I believe the update only works for v3 (which I believe shop is using v2?), as well v3.1 only released on 5/6th September, so if you are still pulling in the v3.03 package it won't have the new gateway

  • I'd really like to see an update on this matter too. I have great concerns over the future of Perch and the viability of using for clients sites, as a result of the almost total lack of communication from Perch HQ on such matters.

  • Stripe have just released another update on this. See below. Any update from Perch please?

    We’re reaching out to give you an update on the enforcement timeline for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). While our information shows that some of your payments on xxx Ltd are already using our SCA-ready integrations, it seems that you still need to make changes to your Stripe integration to prepare your remaining payments volume and prevent an increase in declines.

    When will SCA be enforced?

    Although the SCA requirements officially went into effect on 14 September 2019, to date, few European banks have begun enforcement. Following a new announcement by the European Banking Authority (EBA), we expect SCA to be fully enforced by 31 December 2020 for most European cards, and by 14 March 2021 for UK cards. We expect banks to start declining non-authenticated payments in the months leading up to these deadlines—starting as early as March 2020.

    Our new payments APIs and other SCA-ready solutions are designed to take this uncertainty into account. We'll automatically start applying authentication and exemptions when they're required by the cardholder's bank to minimise friction for your customers.

    Visit the Dashboard to find your SCA-ready product recommendations and view docs to update your integration.

  • Time is running out on this – My clients using Perch Shop have received further email notifications from Stripe saying full SCA enforcement begins on 31st December.



    We wanted to remind you about required changes to your Stripe integration due to Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). While full enforcement begins on 31 December 2020, gradual enforcement of these requirements has already begun, as some banks have started to decline a portion of payments that aren’t SCA-ready.

    Although SCA enforcement was delayed in 2019, we do not anticipate the European Banking Authority (EBA) to grant any further delays. Because of this, we recommend updating your ***** account Stripe integration as soon as possible to avoid your payments being declined.

    Is this likely to be addressed at all? & if not, are there any alternative options other than moving the site to another platform?

  • As it looks like some people missed my original post, I'll stick it here as well.

    I've created an initial release for an update to Perch Shop to let stripe take 3DS2 payments. You can find the repo here. Everything you need should be there, and the README provides an overview of the changes and what you need to do to get it up and running.

    I've tested this locally but have yet to use this live, so I'd hold off on production use for now, though I have yet to experience any problems. If I could get any feedback on whether you guys can get it working that would be great. I've got some more tests myself to do and once everything is looking good I'll create a production ready release.

    You can also just grab the download here.