I'm having an issue with getting the Twitter App working and Tweets displaying on my site.
I've tried it on a production server as well and no joy, but for the purposes of this thread, I will keep to my development XAMPP set-up (windows).
I have looked at multiple threads on the forum and some have gotten me further than I was, but cutting a long story short, this morning I decided to cut my losses once more and reinstall the Perch Twitter App. I have entered all the clients details into the Twitter App and (using the advice from http://forum.grabaperch.com/fo…-app-authentication-error) added the extra elements to the Callback URL, which had previously removed some errors.
However, on initial set-up I received the error:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_kls\www\admin\addons\apps\perch_twitter\PerchTwitter.class.php on line 163
along with some other header issues, which, looking at another thread are caused by the above.
Once past these errors, all the Tweets were pulled in. If I select 'Get Tweets' again, I get no errors and debug shows me nothing.
I can Force reauthentication and it comes back to the admin not a problem.
It's almost as if the Tweets are just not being rendered to the screen.
In my code, I am just using the standard call:
Which calls the template tweet.html. I can add content to the template such as:
and on my page I can see:
Why does this not displayWhy does this not displayWhy does this not display
which is what I would expect, with the standard install returning the last three tweets, i.e. cycling through 3 times.
I've tried a custom call:
and still no joy.
All very odd and highly frustrating. This app used to just work out of the box not a problem but dare I say, ever since Twitter changed their policy, this app just never seems to work correctly for me on local or production servers.
I've added perchDebug and there is nothing coming up on the output either.
Below is my diagnostics.
- Perch: 3.1.5, PHP: 7.0.4, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: f59eb767fe17a6679589b5c076d9fa88d3d4eac0 $, with PDO
- Server OS: WINNT, apache2handler
- Installed apps: content (3.1.5), assets (3.1.5), categories (3.1.5), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_twitter (4.0)
- App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_twitter', 'perch_blog' ];
- PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
- PERCH_PATH: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_kls\www\admin
- PERCH_CORE: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_kls\www\admin\core
- PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_kls\www\admin\resources
- Image manipulation: GD
- PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 128M
- F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
- Resource folder writeable: Yes
- HTTP_HOST: kls.kdl
- DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:/KDL-Projects/Open/kdl_kls/www
- REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
- SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Any help greatly appreciated, surely cannot be only person having these issues.