custom span calls in redactor

• I am sure it's been asked before but I can't find a simple answer - how to add custom styling options for editors using redactor

customer wants to be able to apply e.g. a 'blue' style as follows <span class="blue">blue text shows</span>

this would I think require a separate button on redactor toolbar rather than addition to formatting drop down

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • The editors packages you download from the perch site are just wrappers to include a third party editor into perch. You’re going to need to look into the redactor documentation and make your adjustments as necessary in the editor files itself.

• Redactor is part of Perch core now. However, what version of Perch are you using?

You will probably need a custom editor configuration (assuming that there is a Redactor plugin or functionality to add span tags).

Heres's an explanation of editor configuration and you will need to read Redactor's own documentation and check plugins on their site.

• Thanks everyone for your help, this is for an 'old' site on latest version 2 series of perch - user has no wish to upgrade as it's a simple site. I have of course already checked redactor documentation but finding details required for an 'old' version of redactor is not as easy as one might hope. I then found the right .js on github and as I had already added view source and tables plugins to redactor it was simple to do after all. Thanks again