Server Requirements

• Hello -

I currently have Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel with GoDaddy. I'm sure I meet the PHP version requirements. However, I'm not sure about the other two requirements:

• intl, fileinfo, and mbstring extensions
    • HTTPS

How do I check to see if I meet these requirements?

Or, does anyone know if the type of hosting I already have meets those requirements?

Also, will GoDaddy assist with creating a MySQL database on my server? How do I know if I'll need one?

Thanks in advance!

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • How do I check to see if I meet these requirements?

Or, does anyone know if the type of hosting I already have meets those requirements?

https://docs.grabaperch.com/vi…g-the-compatibility-test/

Also, will GoDaddy assist with creating a MySQL database on my server? How do I know if I'll need one?

Yes you'll need one and they most likely won't assist - it's very easy with Cpanel though.

• From your cPanel, go to the MySQL databases, you’ll need to create a new database AND a new database user. Create one of each and use a strong password please. Once both are created there is an option on the same page to add the user to the database. Select the database and the user then click the button to add. Once you do this it will ask you to select the permissions to give the user on the database, just select “grant all“ then save. You’re going to need the database and user information when installing Perch. When you get there, the host entry should be left to “localhost”.

Note some of the terminology may be slightly different, i’m writing this from memory so... you know, there may be some differences, but this is the general procedure.