App is not Installed

• I am having a problem with the category selection field in a product in Shop. I turned on debug and noticed this:

Your config/apps.php contains "perch_shop_orders" but that app is not installed.
    Your config/apps.php contains "perch_shop_products" but that app is not installed.

I do have these installed and they function in the backend fine. Is this related to my original problem?

My PHP log shows that it is looking for runtime.php in each of the app folders, which I don't have. When I look at the installation files it isn't there either. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Any help appreciated!

• drewm

Approved the thread.
  • Great! As simple as that! Thank you

I'm assuming my problem with Product Categories is unrelated. Below is what I have for categories in the product template:

Code
    1. <perch:categories id="category" set="products" label="Category">
    2. <perch:category id="catTitle" suppress="true"/>
    3. </perch:categories>

The Categories app is working in the backend and I have Multiple Sets and Categories.

In the product, I get a text box for Category, but there is no function to it. Maybe I just type in the category? Do i need to put in Set/Category?

• When you say function do you mean nothing shows up in the product edit screen?

You should get a dropdown menu showing all the categories in the products set. Make use that the set id matches what you've added into the Category app. You can only list categories from one set within one perch:categories pair of tags so you will need to use multiple pairs if you have more than one set of categories.

As an aside, because product pages tend to be quite complex, it might be easier for you to have one template for editing the products and another for displaying them. Then you don't need to worry about suppress or conditionals cluttering up your product edit template.

• When you say function do you mean nothing shows up in the product edit screen?

You should get a dropdown menu showing all the categories in the products set. Make use that the set id matches what you've added into the Category app. You can only list categories from one set within one perch:categories pair of tags so you will need to use multiple pairs if you have more than one set of categories.

As an aside, because product pages tend to be quite complex, it might be easier for you to have one template for editing the products and another for displaying them. Then you don't need to worry about suppress or conditionals cluttering up your product edit template.

Thanks for that. I had added no categories to the products set, instead created new sets with categories. Working well now

Also thanks for the other tip, will do that now.