This is reassuring news and definitely a step in the right direction.
Could you please confirm that you are working on a first party fix for Shop App/Stripe SCA support. My understanding is that although deadline in the the UK has moved back to September 2021. The EU is starting to switch from June.
I can confirm we are working on Stripe as a top priority.
As part of the handover and commissioning of new servers some legacy forum resources have been assigned to separate project tasks.
We expect to restore these resources imminently; thank you for your patience.
We are delighted to announce the latest update for Perch and Perch Runway, version 3.2. The latest update will resolve a number of PHP 8 compatibility issues discovered through our support forums.
To install version 3.2, please visit www.grabaperch.com/update/v3-2.
This is a small and significant step for Perch and we are on target to release version 4 in the near future.
TheOldDesigner and the wider Perch community; from the feedback here we're very happy the desire for knowledge and updates on the product is generating such passionate comments and in some cases that others may interpret negatively. There is clearly an appetite for us to deliver the changes you're expecting from the investment you've made over the years.
As I said we are monitoring the forum and will drop in from time to time and my support colleagues will be engaging with you to ensure a free flow of communications. It is important as you highlight to keep in touch. We want the forum and the product to blossom under our new helm.
Most importantly I don't want to promise something I cant deliver and for this you'll appreciate why I've not attached any dates to the roadmap at this time other than to set a target to bring you v4 as our first key achievement.
Keep in touch
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we get up and running with Perch.
We have been monitoring the online forum and social channels but I'm sure you will understand it has not been possible to address every question. We will continue to post company updates to the forum and our support team will start to engage in the coming weeks.
Perch has had a long and successful history under its previous ownership and I believe Drew and Rachel were committed to ensuring its future and with the sale to ourselves to prevent it suffering from its own success.
I’ve always been honest in saying we have a lot of work to do and appreciate all the feedback we get whether good or not so good. We are working hard behind the scenes to deliver v4 and in the meantime release certain version updates that were promised previously. In this regard I am confident we are making good progress towards an interim release of v3.2 as a demonstration of goodwill to the community.
You have my reassurance Perch is a safe, active and viable product for your projects.
Kind regards and thank you again.
Good day to you all,
As an update from a meeting held on Friday I can confirm the technical handover is progressing well and our objectives for the release of v4 are on track. I have requested of Drew the work he has already completed for SCA compliance to be transitioned to our team ahead of the v4 release. I plan to offer a timeline to our roadmap at a further update.
Once again thank you for your patience and understanding.
granttransition My team are working to a timeline for delivery of this and the V4 release; I’ll update the forum with more detail early next week. In the meantime thank you for your continued patience.
I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions, we have appointed and briefed our Project Manager on the main objectives of Perch and she will be assigning tasks across her Development team. We will endeavour to give you further updates in due course, and when the times right, introduce you to our Project Manager.
I'm so pleased there appears to be a huge appetite for V4; I've read so many positive comments and feedback and received some lovely emails.
Please be assured this is our priority and beyond all doubt the project that drew our attention to the Perch community. So please bear with us while we finalise the roadmap and we will give further updates as they become available.
Welcome to the new developers, I'm really pleased your working on moving Perch forward.
Stripe SCA is a rather pressing issue, my understanding is that Stripe will be enforcing in September.
Whilst I appreciate you have inherited the problem I'd like some reassurance this is going to be looked at relatively quickly. This effects a few of my Perch Shop sites and hence I need to know so I can make decissions on whether I need to move the sites. I'd prefer not to I may add, but if its not going to be looked at I will have no choice.
I just wanted to reach out and let you know that all the messages being sent are being received. Our aim at the moment is to ensure that the transition to us is smooth whilst at the same time looking at and prioritising the development requirements of Perch to grow moving forward. Not an easy task but one that I truly believe we are up to.
With regards to the Stripe SCA, a few users have flagged this up. Rest assured that we will review what needs to be done and revert back to you in the coming weeks with a clearer and more definitive answer. This may seem a little vague for now but I believe that actions speak louder than words so it will be up to us, the new owners, to show that we are committed to Perch and its users.
Watch this space!
Thank you for such a warm welcome we can't wait to get to know you all and see what the future brings!
I and my team are delighted to become part of the Perch community as part of our acquisition of Perch and Perch Runway from Drew and Rachel at Edgeofmyseat Ltd.
I would like to thank Rachel and Drew for their selfless support during the transition and for a period after to ensure a seamless migration to our new management and development team. I can see from the posts here it's been hard for them to keep this under wraps!
To deal with some of the formality Edgeofmyseat Ltd has transferred certain rights, obligations and liabilities to Perch Runway Ltd, a company registered in the United Kingdom with the company number 12862192. With effect from the 31st December 2020, Perch Runway Ltd will perform the Licence Agreement and be bound by its terms in every way as if it were the original party to it in place of Edgeofmyseat Ltd.
Perch and Perch Runway has an exciting future. Since becoming familiar with Perch I have personally been involved in developing several new sites and I understand much more now about its power and capability. With our backing, Perch will enjoy a stable of fresh ideas for the CMS you enjoy and I look forward to working with you all.
We’re very excited to be able to announce that the Perch CMS family of products are moving to a new home with a new company, Perch Runway Ltd.
It has been a great honour to take Perch from a small side project through to a thriving family of CMS products and add-ons over the course of 12 years, and we extend our thanks to all the customers and partners who have helped us build Perch into what it is today.
The future for Perch is bright, and its new owners have great plans to make sure Perch is well supported and updated into the future. We’ve all been working hard to ensure a seamless transition which should have no impact on existing licenses and sites. Perch Runway Ltd will continue to honour all the terms of the existing licenses in our place.
If you have any questions for the new owners, you can reach out to them directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. They'll be emailing information about the handover to license holders next week.
Thank you again for all your support over the last nearly 13 years, and although we won’t be involved in the development and support of Perch going forward, we’re still very much Perch users and in that respect are not going anywhere.
All the best,
Drew McLellan & Rachel Andrew